Behind the scenes (Inhabitant island)

After I returned to the ship, I went back to my room right away. An exhausted Hirata was there, asleep on his side. I changed my clothes quietly so I wouldn't wake him and headed into the hall. When I turned my phone back on, the ringer started buzzing repeatedly. My call history had filled up. They were all from Horikita. Scary. For the time being, I just answered emails and relaxed in the lounge while I waited.

Hirata: Thank you kiyotaka-kun.

Ayanokouji: No problem. It was just a common sense.

She probably wouldn't be convinced unless I explained things. Soon, a quite angry Horikita met up with me, radiating a silent pressure.

Onodera: Why were you angry horikita-san?

Horikita: I had my reasons.

What do these test results mean? What in the world happened?"

"You look like you don't have any idea at all."

"I just can't imagine it. I don't understand it at all. I have a mountain of questions." Horikita ordered a drink from an attendant. I started talking.

Sato: Why are you asking ayanokouji-kun? Weren't you were the one who led us a victory?

Mostly students agreed with sato.

"I'll tell you everything. However, my one condition is that you stay quiet on this matter. I won't compromise on this."

I'd assumed it would come to this, considering Horikita hadn't retired of her own will. This story was for Horikita's ears only.

"What would you like to ask?"

"What were you doing during the test? Tell me," she said. That was a much better question than I'd expected. She wanted to hear everything at once.

"When the special test was announced, I didn't focus on anything except for the additional rules. I roughly understood how to manage the 300points, but you couldn't manipulate them as an individual."

"But the additional rules were really difficult to understand. If you did things normally, you wouldn't have been able to identify the leaders. Right?"

"Yeah. First of all, I volunteered to join the search for the base camp. Able to move freely, I planned to search out spot locations ahead of everyone else."

"You make it sound simple, but no one should have known the spot locations."

"That's not true. You didn't understand because you were ill and holed up inside the ship, but the school already gave us hints about the locations when we were sailing around the island."

Katsuragi had also noticed this when the ship circled the island at an unusually fast speed. Horikita fell silent. The ship had been traveling nearly three times faster than a usual cruise ship. Besides, if it were just for sightseeing, it wasn't normal to use a strange expression like "significant scenery."

Sudo: Man, you really are observant.

Kanzaki: very observant.

Kouenji had noticed this hint, too. Well, it was probably a waste of time thinking about Kouenji, anyway.

Kouenji: It is not a waste of time ayanokouji boy. As you were thinking about a perfect existence.

Class 2D see him with disgust.

"Then, I reached the cave. I thought it was the most important base."

"The cave was the most important base? Don't you think that the river and the well would have been more convenient, though?"