Epic chess match

The confrontation between the two was broadcast on the large monitor. Hashimoto was constantly on the offensive during the opening of the match, but Horikita handled it calmly. She kept her composure, avoiding situations where one would reflexively try to sacrifice a piece in order to defend themselves.

Sakayanagi: ohh it's from that time.

Kamuro: what do you mean?

Hashimoto: ohh it's the chess match.

Ayanokouji: looks like it

Hashimoto: man it was intense. But we still win.

Horikita: well It was a good experience.

Sakayanagi: fufu for me and ayanokouji-kun as well.

Ayanokouji just ignored her.

Ryuen: (now I will be able to see what really happened)

Tsukishiro: ( my head will be exploding after this.)

And as the game steadily progressed, she had gained the upper hand. They were just about to reach the mid-game, but Horikita's victory was gradually beginning to take shape. Yes, Horikita held the advantage. It was a display of skill that far surpassed what she had shown during our training sessions.

Sudo: training sessions?

Horikita: yes he trained me as I was news in the chess.

Sudo: aah-haha ok.

Amawasa: ohh will you train me too senpai?

Ayanokouji: no.

Amawasa: so cold.

Onodera: now that's surprising I thought horikita-san already know.

Mastushita: ayanokouji-kun said that he knew about chess in the class.

Ichisashi: well that's true.

"It's an interesting game. I'd love to see it through until the end." Sakayanagi spoke as an observer, without so much as a hint of urgency in her voice.

"I agree. Let's just see it through until the end then."

"Fufu, although I'd like to allow it... I sadly cannot let that happen. It's not that I don't have faith in Hashimoto-kun, but Horikita-san just seems rather composed. Those verbal skills he specializes in don't seem to be having much of an effect on her."

The time had come. A notification popped up on my screen informing me that Sakayanagi had opted to intervene in the match. She must've come to the conclusion that Hashimoto would lose if she waited any longer. Having to intervene so early in the match was also probably an unexpected situation for her.

Sudo: now it's going to be interesting suzune vs sakayanagi.

Ryuen: we already know about the result just skip it man.

Regardless, her decision to intervene was the right one. If she had postponed it for even a few more minutes, Hashimoto would've been put in a position where the match would've already been decided. That was just how terrifyingly strong Horikita was right now. I felt tempted to sit and watch how things would play out for a little longer. I wanted to see just how much she had grown. I was curious to see what kind of moves Horikita would make in a match against Sakayanagi.

Shinohara: grown. Are you some kind of babysitter?

Ayanokouji ignored her too.

Horikita: (I don't know what to say)