Kei and Manabu talk

Looks like that person usually doesn't hang out with their friends but rather, goes back to the dorm early. I then manually typed the 11-digit number and made the call.

"Hello?"

The person behind this languid voice is Karuizawa Kei from Class D of the 1st years.

Horikita: Why are you calling her?

Onodera: Now what do you want from her?

Ayanokouji: just watch the video.

She doesn't know it yet but she's one of the individuals marked by Ryuuen. She's someone who knows that I'm the one handling Class D behind the scenes, even more than Horikita does.

Of course, she doesn't know much about just how deeply I'm involved and what I've done in detail though. If there's anything that could be said about me at the moment, it would be that Karuizawa probably sees me as an extremely eerie person.

Random girl: Of course she will see you as eerie person as what have you done.

Haruka: well kiyopon you did something bad.

"I was wondering what you were up to."

"You're kidding, right? There's no way you'd call without a reason." I had thought I'd make small talk first but Karuizawa didn't get it.

Kei: (How would I get you baka.)

"Don't you ever feel like enjoying our conversation more?"

"It's impossible if you yourself don't feel like enjoying it, right?"

"...I suppose you're spot on." She's not the leader of the Class D girls for nothing. She understand people very well.

"Did Manabe and the others make any sort of contact with you?"

"No. That's not a problem right now.....did you call me to make sure?" Rather than surprise, an exasperated reaction was what I got.

"It's been a while since then but nothing so far, huh? Looks like there's no need to worry about that anymore."

"That'd be for the best but there's no telling what'll happen when,right?" Looking at it from Karuizawa's perspective, she wouldn't truly feel safe until graduation. The wind blew and coldly struck my face.

"You're still outdoors." Perhaps it's because she heard the sound of the wind over the phone, Karuizawa said that. "I'm on my way back. You're pretty fast today yourself. You're usually late."

"Even I have days when I want to go back early."

A prickly response came back.

"Ahh."

Hiyori: Now what are you saying to her ayanokouji-kun.

Ayanokouji: I was trying to make a small talk.

Hiyori: Thank you for explaining ayanokouji-kun.

I found something and my voice leaked out.

"What?"

Karuizawa reacted, thinking that was directed at her.

"No, it's nothing."

At the point where the road branches, a red amulet had fallen to the ground where that senior student fell earlier. I wonder if it's something that senior student dropped. It may have been better to just leave it there but since snow will be falling today according to the forecast, it'll get all wet if I leave it is.