Vol-9

In the end, the time limit crept closer. In the blink of an eye, it was already Wednesday. I gripped a can of coffee I had bought from the convenience store in my hand. It was so cold that I could see my breath in the air. And today, yet again, I wouldn't be pressing the matter any further. It was because Ichinose herself already knew that this was the last day she would be able to stay cooped-up in her room. She would definitely take action. I was certain of it.

Ichinose: aah it's from that time.

Kanzaki: so that's why she trust him so much.

Ike: don't tell me you have hands in this also.

Ayanokouji didn't say anything.

Ryuen: king on the action.

"February is ending soon. After we overcome next month's special exam, we'll officially become second-years. There's a proverb 'when the heat has passed, you forget about the shade of trees', but is that really true?"

The Deserted Island Special Test. The Cruise Ship Special Test. Paper Shuffle. The school had been repeatedly having us undergo peculiar exams one after another.

"When we become second-years, I wonder if the special exams will become even stranger than they are now?"

"...Hey... Can I ask you something...?"

For the first time in a while, Ichinose spoke up, albeit with a quiet voice, as though she was talking to herself.

"Sure. As long as you're alright with asking through the door, you can ask anything."

I welcomed her question with open arms, but Ichinose didn't ask anything right away. It might have been the first time she's said anything in the past few days.

"Why haven't you been saying anything to me, or asking me anything?"

"Meaning?"

Kei: (what is this dense idiot boyfriend mine is doing? There is no way a girl will not fall for him after helping her this much?)

Horikita: ayanokouji-kun may I ask why are you helping her?

Ayanokouji: as is said horikita you do not have the right to investigate me?

Ryuen: it's obvious he is making his harem big. T-rex will not be satisfied by one a person.

As ryuen said this all girls looked down in embarrassment. Most boys laughed and most were getting hostile to ayanokouji.

"My classmates... My friends in the other classes... Everyone's been trying to convince me to return to school, telling me: If you have something troubling you, please come and talk to us about it. And yet, Ayanokōji-kun, you've never asked me anything like that, all while coming by to visit me every single day... Why?"

It didn't seem like she wanted the other students to worry about her. She couldn't understand why I was skipping my classes or wasting my lunch break to come and see her every day.

Everyday: what everyday.

Haruka: well why do you go to such length kiyopon.

Ayanokouji: I have my reasons.

Nagumo: (so he really interfered with my plan)

Hiyori: as I said ayanokouji-kun is good person no matter anyone say.

Mako: you see honami-chan just confess him as you see you have getting competition.

Ichinose: w-what are you saying mako-chan?