Sakayanagi and Ryuen Talk

At night, the New Year's Eve bell declaring the coming of the New Year rang for the 108th time on the television. Apparently it's to cleanse all worldly desires away and to welcome the new year with a purified body. It's a silly story. People won't lose their worldly desires from a farce like this. The more you suppress it, avarice from the core is something that only swells up. There was an incoming call to me from an unregistered, unfamiliar number. Feeling like killing boredom, without thinking anything, I silently pressed the phone's call button.

Ishizaki: huh is that you ryuen-san?

Ryuen: kuku now it's my turn.

Ayanokouji: (finally not from my perspective.)

"Happy New Year. Were you awake?". A woman's voice. Naturally, a voice I'm familiar with.

"To think you'd call me this early into the new year, Sakayanagi".

Everyone: Ehhh sakayanagi.

Kanzaki: Why did she call you ryuen?

Ryuen: Kuku who knows?

Hashimoto: Ohh it's from that time right hime?

Sakayangi: fufu indeed.

Horikita: What are they talking about ayanokouji-kun?

Ayanokouji: I do not know.

Horikita: You are lying.

Ayanokouji: Then just watch the video see whether I am lying or telling truth.

"If you wouldn't mind, may I have a bit of your time from now? I'd like to meet you in person".

"Are you asking me out on a date at a time like this? Kuku, it's not like I won't answer you though. Come directly to my room then".

"Then, in 30 minutes, I shall be waiting by the vending machine outside the dorm".

After ignoring my invitation, she sure is continuing to one sidedly talk.

"Fine, I was free either way".

Having finished our brief conversation, I threw my phone onto my bed.

Random student: They are having a date also on new year!

Random student(female): Well I don't think it's a date.

Random student: How can you say that?

Random student(female): Let's call it woman intuition.

There's no need to honestly respond to her but this time, there are some circumstances. Either way, I already understand the contents of what she wants to say, so after confirming that the promised time has passed, I left my room. Then, slowly, I left the lobby of the dormitory and immediately headed for the vending machine. As I carefreely arrived at the promised location, that woman immediately called out to me. As always, she was carrying her cane around as she welcomed me.

"You're 10 minutes late. I believe I've given you 30 minutes to prepare

though".

She spoke that fact calmly without any happiness or anger.

"Kuku. I could have just ignored you though"

"Well, this is fine".

10 minutes was being too lenient. I should have kept her waiting longer in this cold weather.

Katsuragi: You should learn some manners ryuen.

Ryuen: kuku it's not necessary.

"But for a late night date, there are quite a bit of onlookers".