29. The Tragedy

September

September vacation arrived, is just a one week break so I decided to go home. I needed a sense of being wanted, I missed my parents and brothers. Most students don't even go home during the September holidays, they dedicate the week to preparations for the Final exams. I couldn't stand my peers, I just wanted to be home.

Zinzi and Jabu decided to go on a vacation to Mpumalanga.

After a week, I came back from home, refreshed and ready to finish this year like I have started, single, and being a genius. Karabo was over me, I would constantly stalk him on Facebook and he was busy embracing the growth of his unborn baby. While at home, I didn't want any discouragement from my peers through social media, so I decided to become disconnected from the world of social media. I only talked to my friends via phone calls.

When I came back, Zinzi couldn't wait, so she picked me up from Park Station. I was planning on taking a cab from there, but we just walked, watching the city of Joburg closely.

"You really deactivated Facebook and WhatsApp, wow, I salute you," she said as I pull my small luggage.

"I just wanted to breathe from you guys. How was Mpumalanga? I can't wait to see the pictures."

"Mpumalanga was great, I will show you the pictures," she said as some man kept on calling and whistling to us.

We arrived at my flat and got in. I threw myself in bed and she tossed me her phone. She was busy going through my bag to find what I brought her while I started viewing her pictures.

"Wow, I wish I went with you guys, it seems you enjoyed it," I said as I scroll down through her phone.

"Yeah, we had a good time." She said trying to fit my t-shirt.

While I was busy going through the pictures, I could see some girl near them, "Who is this? she is in most of your pictures," I asked.

"That's Pearl, Sihle's..." she froze, she couldn't continue.

"What?" I asked as I scroll fast to see Sihle.

"I wanted to tell you, he asked to join us, we agree, he brought her."

"So, he has found a girlfriend?" I asked, my heart already filled with bitterness.

"He has. I really wanted to tell you when I called but I couldn't over the phone,"

"Why not, he is not my boyfriend," I said as I stood up to get some water, I need to handle myself, he's sure not my boyfriend, so why am I getting mad?

"I know but he was..."

"Zinzi it's cool, we dated and then broke up. I'm happy he found someone, that's nice." I lied as I drink the water I didn't even feel myself pouring.

"I didn't know he was dating until he decided to join us."

"Yeah neither did I. She goes to Wits?"

"No, UJ, I think they are connected by his sister,"

"She never liked me that girl," I said as I refer to his bitchy sister. I'm wrong though, I just never gave her a chance to like me.

"Tshedza,"

"Okay, I'm acting jealous I know,"

"Do you still want Sihle?" she asked, surprised.

"I don't know. Maybe, I'm just lonely so that's why I'm thinking about him,"

"I think If you really want him back you can actually get him, I can..."

"Zinzi, don't do anything. I am happy he is happy, I don't want to ruin his life too," I said, as the future Karabo and I still hold appear in my mind.