17. The Revenge

May

Tuesday

After picking up my books, I walked toward Henson's desk, I can't just walk away from him now that he has seen me.

"Hey baby girl," the other guy said with a French accent the moment I arrived by their desk; I just smiled, looking at Henson. Henson just stared at his friend, I guess to shush him a bit and then looked at me, smiling.

He stood up and hugged me so tight and then finished by kissing me on my right cheek. All the memory from weekend rained in my head, and I pulled myself off his body. "This is Tshedza," he said to his friends, and they nodded like they have heard about me.

I wonder what they know about me, what he has told them. I'm sure they know he hasn't hit it because of my baby blossom that isn't ready to handle big men. I didn't like the look from the guy who called me baby girl, I just wanted to get out of all their sight, including Henson who lied to me.

"These are my guys." he finished while he gestures all his 3 friends without even bothered to mention them by their names.

"Hi," I said as I wave, and they said the same back, and I could see they have definitely heard something about me. I looked around without knowing what to do, and then I felt myself waving my hand to them and then started walking toward the exit after murmuring 'bye'.

Henson grabbed me by my arm and changed my direction of escaping. I was no longer going toward the exit, but following him away from his friends. He dragged me away from everyone in the library and ended up in between some further shelves. You know those section in libraries where no one goes to because no one wants to study hard enough to use big old books, that's where I was with my backpack on my back, like a kindergarten girl touring her first-choice school. The moment we got to a cosy shelf, I had already forgiven him for lying to me. While he was rushing me with his hand, which was now on my waist, so was my blood.

"So those are your guys?" I asked him after we have stopped, looking at the books I have never imagined they exit at Wits. I wondered if we have passed through some invisible passage and appeared in Hogwarts.

"Yeah, those are my buddies, Alakai is from Angola, and those two are also Congolese," he said, taking my bag and putting it down on the floor.

"I figured. I thought you weren't around?" I said as he starts pulling me close to him. I needed a backup from my weak self, a little reminder that he lied to me, so I shouldn't be all nice and weak for him.

"Yeah, I just got here," he murmured, pressing his lips on mine. We kissed, and I didn't care who might see us as we were in between bookshelves. I guess he knows me more than I realise, kissing me was a way of shutting me up before I start a feud.

We kissed and ended up just sitting on the floor. What the hell does this guy do to me, I thought as I feel numb and happy and all those cheesy stuff just by being around him. I can't wait to have sex with him, I thought to myself.

"How is your sister?" he asked while we still on the floor, just sitting, me between his legs facing forward, my head on his beating hard chest, and him just busy untangling my afro.

"She's devastated, the wife wants a divorce with Brandon so, it's bad," I responded while I play with his leg hair.

"Yah that's really bad. But your sister shouldn't beat herself up very much, it wasn't all her fault," he said, that was nice of him, a confirmation to me that even if I ruin his relationship with his Cape Town girlfriend, it won't be all my fault.

"You think so?" I asked, just to get more clarification.

"Yeah, I mean the guy knew he's married, but he still went for her."