12. The Kiss

April

Wednesday

I walked to my place, with nothing but the hopes of not running into Karabo. I didn't want to see the sight of him anymore. As I walked the streets of Braamfontein, I kept asking myself what Nyiko meant by 'Karabo tells her everything'? I pray she doesn't know my secret with Karabo because if she knows, she can use it against me, telling Sihle.

I got to my place and lie in bed. I didn't want to do anything that will make me use my brain. I opened my laptop and started watching a movie, which even though I was watching, I had no idea what was happening.

My phone started ringing; it was my sister, thank God. I wanted to talk to someone, anyone, but with Tshifhiwa, definitely not about the sex part. I can't tell her I lost my precious thing. As if it's precious.

We talked, she asked me about the June exams; if I'm prepared and all. I told her what she wanted to hear, 'everything is good, and I'm ready'.

"What are you doing this weekend?" she continued, and I could sense she wanted more than just to talk, me babysitting her place.

"Nothing, unless I receive an assignment at the end of the week then I will be doing that."

"Okay, you can do your assignment here. I want you to visit me this weekend, I miss you," she begged, and I just laughed, is not about missing me.

"Really? You miss me? Just tell me how long you want me there," I said, already ahead of her.

"The whole weekend, I will pick you up on Friday after school and bring you back on Sunday," she said, and you could hear from her voice she is crossing her fingers.

"The whole weekend, you know I don't like that side is so quiet. What will I be doing?"

"You will be studying; all you have to do is be available,"

"Who did you fool now?" I asked. I knew this has to do with some poor guy.

"Come on, Tshedza.  Just say yes," she begged.

"But why do I have to be the one suffering because of your men?"

"Okay, I will pay you," she jumped in and well, then she was talking.

"Sold," I shouted, and she laughed. We finished our call,

After a few minutes of continuing watching my movie, I heard Sihle's knock; it was passing 6. I opened for him, and he walked in with a bunch of books, to study with me.

We set our studying areas, he sat on the bed while I sat on my chair across the desk. He has never come to study with me before, this was the first time, and I didn't know if it will work. We managed to go for half an hour without disturbing each other until I got tired of pretending. I couldn't study, I had to find a way to get into him.

"When you leave on Friday for the funeral, I'm also leaving to visit my big sister for the whole weekend," I said as I try to get between him and his books.

"Okay cool, I guess we'll see each other on Sunday," he said, not giving me any attention, so focused on his books.

After a few minutes of him studying, and me staring at my books, I stood up and walked toward the bed, I couldn't pretend to study anymore. I climbed the bed and nicely closed his books while he lies there surprised, watching every move I make.

Maybe we can just do it and get over with it 

That was the thought running all over my head. I was no longer sure if I would be able to wait for next weekend...