30. The Hope

December

When December arrived, Tshifhiwa came to help me pack my stuff. I didn't want to go home before getting my result so I decided to stay with her which will be for two weeks.

Tshifhiwa and Brandon were finally dating, it was weird at first because I was still afraid of Brandon, but I got used to it as they were always in each other's apartment.

"Why don't you just stay together, that way I won't have to witness all your adulteries," I said to Tshifhiwa after Brandon has left.

"Eating breakfast with us means adultery?" she asked, laughing. "Well, we do live together though, in both apartments,"

"Can you live in 1 apartment as I am here, his? I will call you when I have a problem, but I know I can handle myself for a week with you not around," I said.

"What's going on with you, I know you don't like him but..."

"I like him alright, I just think he is not that comfortable with me around,"

"Don't worry, he is, and I know what's wrong with you, the wait is killing you, I have been there,"

"The wait?"

"For the result, don't worry, you will pass,"

"You don't know that. I messed up on Chemistry,"

"Well, chemistry is not your major so even if you fail, you can still finish in record time,"

"I don't want any repeated course on my transcription so..."

"So, you should have studied harder. Let us take you to the movies this Friday, just to get your mind off the wait,"

"Us?" I asked, rolling my eyes.

"You know what I mean, Brandon and I,"

"I know what us mean, I just, does he have to come?"

"He wanted to see the movie too, it will be fun, and you will be getting to know him,"

"Cool," I said and walked toward my room. I got in and started watching my laptop. I couldn't even do anything, I just wanted to be taken away, use my own imagination.

"I'll be next door," she shouted before I heard a door closing.

Friday

Friday arrived, next week Monday I am getting my result. We got ready to go out to the movies. While we were about to head out to Brandon's, she stopped me.

"Please be nice, I really like him,"

"Love," I corrected her, she cannot still be in like after all she has been through with him, breaking his marriage.

"Well whatever, just be cool," she said, and we walked out. We got Brandon and headed to his car. I sat at the back while they chat in front.

We got to the theatre and while I was busy sousing my popcorns, I heard Sean's voice.

"You made it," Brandon said to him while he joins us. I haven't seen him since he apologised to me about my sister. I bet he knew they were already seeing each other before I knew anything.

"Thanks for the invite, I really was tired of mom and dad's speeches," I heard him said, I should walk to them, I decided to just sprinkle more butter in my popcorns than joining them.

"About UCLA?"

"Yeah, dad is cool though, mom still think I should wait for postgrad,"

"Don't worry, she will come around," Brandon said. He is going to America, good, I don't ever wanna see him.