26. The Drama

July

Saturday

I finally packed my things to move back to my place before people come back for school. Karabo and I were ready to leave our partners for each other. I just had to tell Sihle before Karabo tells Nyiko. Karabo drove me to my place where when we arrived; he decided to spend the night. Some people were already back; Sihle will be coming back tomorrow, and Monday, is 'back to school'.

Sunday

We spent our morning just cuddling Karabo and me. In the evening he left, as Nyiko was waiting for him at his flat. And as for me, we didn't want Sihle to come back and find Karabo here. After he has left, I called Sihle to hear what time he's getting here. He's not getting here today, he told me he just caught his bus, and he will arrive Monday morning. I guess I will only talk to him after the Chemistry lecture tomorrow.

I rushed to call Karabo to tell him to wait on ending things with Nyiko.

"Babe, I couldn't pretend with her, I have already told her we can't date anymore. I didn't think it will do any damages in a few hours. Have you talked to him yet?" he asked.

"No, he's still on his way, he will get here in the morning. It's okay, though. I don't think Nyiko will go and post such thing right after it happened." I hoped. "So how did she take it?" I asked.

"She's mad. Really mad"

"I feel for her; and Sihle. I hope she doesn't run to tell him before I do though,"

"I don't think she will, at least not tonight. She is still angry and ashamed."

Monday

In the morning, I sent Sihle a message that we need to talk after the Chemistry lecture. I could see that he was already suspecting something terrible because, for people who love each other and missed each other for a month, our first interaction was awkward. We just hugged, and I then walked to my seat, instead of kissing him or sitting next to him.

Karabo at that moment, just played along like we are still frenemies from last semester.

It was surprisingly a long lecture, and I was just all nervous. I wasn't ready to break the bad news to Sihle; I wasn't prepared to break his heart. Has anyone ever been prepared for that anyway?

After the lecture, it was time for me to come clean to Sihle, no matter how hard it is going to be, I must do it.

While walking out of the lecture room, along with the crowd, I could see Sihle standing outside waiting for me, and as I look around, Nyiko was standing there too, talking to Karabo. The moment I walked out, she started lashing her hurtful words toward me.

"Are you leaving me for this bitch? Are you? I mean I knew she didn't go home, but I didn't think she stayed for you, hoe," she screamed, as people start to gather around. Sihle walks toward me too as I was staring at Karabo who was doing nothing to stop her.

"Babe, let's just leave," Sihle said the moment he took me to his body. Without even waiting to hear what Nyiko is trying to say. Why is he always good to me?

"I mean I never said anything before, but this is too much, she just can't stop following you, can't she?" Nyiko continued.

"Hey, I don't know what you think you know, but this is my girlfriend, and I don't like the way you are talking to her," Sihle comes to my rescue as Zinzi tries to drag me away from the scene.

"Yeah as always you will just worship her no matter how she fooled you fool. Does he even know you have been fucking his girlfriend since he introduced you to her?" Nyiko asked, looking at Karabo and Sihle just froze. This time he heard it, he didn't want to ignore it.