5. The Mystery Guy

March

Saturday

Continues...

"We keep on meeting like this," the mystery guy said as he pulled me up. He remembered me. That was a good sign.

"Is you, I found you," I said. 

I should not have said that. Now I sounded like I was looking for him.

"You found me?" he asked, smiling. He's so beautiful I just blushed like a crazy person staring at his face. Come on Tshedza pull it together; I know you still in there, don't let alcohol take over. I thought to myself.

He realised my feet were betraying me as I started shaking standing there. He sat me on the bench and sat across me. There were few people outside, but unlike us, most people were sitting next to each other, not across each other. Some were making out; some were still trying their luck.

"Who did you come with?" he continued asking as he tried reaching with his hand on my shoulder to balance me.

"My friend Zinzi and our friends and some whore girl, I mean her name is Nyiko," I answered, and he just chuckled.

"Were you here the whole night? I just got here but the way you are I think you need to go home," he said as he takes a sip from the bottle of Heineken.

"We just got here too, like an hour ago, or two," I said laughing, and he just kept on smiling.

"What's your name?" he asked. Finally, something important, he should ask for my numbers after I give him my name, oh my name, I should respond.

"I'm Tshedza," I said, smiling.

"Okay. Let me take you and your friends home, Tshedza. I think you had enough," he said, gently pulling me up and I just couldn't get enough of his voice and his accent. We walked inside, and I pointed out where Zinzi was, so he helped me get there. She was still dancing with Nyiko. I told her we are leaving.

Nyiko refused to go with us, so we left her on the dance floor, Zinzi went to say bye to Jabu, and I couldn't see Sihle anywhere.

"What's yours?" I asked the mystery guy his name when I realised I still don't know his.

"I'm Henson," he replied as Zinzi arrived with our bags. We walked out and, on our way out, I saw Karabo and waved bye to him. Where the hell is Sihle?

Henson walked us out, and in no time, I was in his car front seat. I didn't see which car it was; it was even hard to remember how I got in it. He fastened a seat belt for me like I am a kid and Zinzi was seating at the back like she owns the back seat.

"Who is this Tshedza?" She kept on asking, and I couldn't get a chance to answer her because I didn't know what to say. I couldn't shout 'he's the mystery guy' while he's here, I didn't want to sound like I talked about him after I met him two weeks ago, so I just acted like I was so much drunk that I couldn't hear her. "Tshedza!" She continued calling.

"I'm Henson, I met your friend a few days ago, I'm guessing she told you already," he said like he was annoyed a little by Zinzi's asking. He started the car.

"Oh, you are the mystery guy she met on Biology building, the one she can't stop talki..." she couldn't finish, I fought the alcohol out to stop her.

"Zinzi, don't say that," I whispered staring back at her and Henson just looked at me, smiling.

"Where do you stay?" he asked, while he yields at the traffic lights.

"South Point, Braamfontein," I answered,