13. The Visit

May

Friday

I was sitting next to Zinzi, not paying attention to the lecturer. I couldn't stop thinking about Hazel's kiss and hated the fact that I couldn't stop thinking about it.

Yesterday I spent the whole public holiday with my boyfriend, but busy thinking about either Hazel or Karabo. I couldn't tell Zinzi about Hazel yet, every time she asks what's wrong when my mind is gone, I just give a Nyiko excuse.

"I'm worried Nyiko might also know I slept with Karabo," I said, as I cover up what was bothering me. I was already over Nyiko's threatening. Whatever she was talking about, is not my hook up with Karabo, he wouldn't tell her.

"Don't worry. I don't think even how cocky and jerky Karabo is, he would tell her. He doesn't want Sihle to find out remember," Zinzi comfort me as she takes me back to what was really not my biggest problem. Now even when I look at lesbians, it feels like they see right through me.

"I hope so," I said, trying to fight my mind to get back to Zinzi and what we are actually talking about.

"I still can't believe they are dating, I thought that was a one-night thing," Zinzi murmured as we continued whispering during a lecture.

"Me too, and Karabo never mentioned anything about having a girlfriend," I whispered back.

"Your man though," she said, and we chuckled.

"Not my man," I refused.

Before my tutorial, I said goodbye to Sihle who was leaving during the day for the funeral. He left during lunch, going to meet up with his sister so they can leave together. As for me, I had a long day at school. The tutorial went on up to 5, and after then, I hurried back to my place as my sister was on her way to pick me up.

I got to my place and pack some few clothes, pyjamas and books. The way how my sister's complex is quiet, you would kill yourself by boredom. Tshifhiwa likes it like that though, she prefers it than home.

She arrived, right after I took a shower. In no time we were on the road. We passed by the mall to get some food for dinner as no one between us was in any mood to cook.

"What time are you leaving tomorrow?" I asked her as we climb the stairs to her apartment, which is on the last level of the building, second floor.

"Around 10, we should be going," she said.

"Okay. Your crazy neighbours, do they still live here?" I asked. She has some neighbours who you would always hear them fighting. I used to visit her while I was still in high school.

"No, they moved out, thank God. Some white guy stays here now, with his fiancee,"

"At least, I hope they are not that crazy."

"They are good, nice people," she said while she unlocks the door. She has a two-bedroom apartment. She had it for 3 years now. I just can't wait to grow and have my own place. It must be nice, having your own apartment, with no kids yet, just you and your baby by the parking lot, I just can't wait. She added some new furniture, nice, I could get used to this. We ate our dinner, which was just burgers and fries, watching TV.

"Why am I really here? is not like you can't leave your place empty," I asked, I was suspecting I was here to be her maid.

"Alright. I lied to him and said I'm staying with you. I just don't want him in here yet," she said and I knew it. She doesn't like him.

"You clearly don't like the guy, why are you going out with him?" I questioned.