23. The Date

June

Saturday

I woke up from my phone ringing. When I picked it up, it was Sihle.

"Are you ready for our day?" he asked, and I could hear he was very excited.

"What?" I asked, while my eyes are still closed.

"You still sleeping, let me let you sleep, I will call you later," he said, but I stopped him before he could hang up.

"Oh, I'm sorry, I was just... I slept a bit late last night," I looked at the time, and it was passing 10. "What time are we checking in?"

"From 12, I think. Go back to sleep, I will call you at around 12 to 1, we can check in at 2," he said, and we said our goodbyes.

I tried going back to sleep, but I could feel I was getting sick; my tummy was screaming nausea and all I wanted to do was vomit right then. I stood up and sprinted to the bathroom, just to get there and wait for the actual vomit to come out. Why does it do that, though? I could feel I am not going to survive the feeling of what is happening in my stomach unless I vomit. My stomach was fighting so hard to push out whatever was angering it, but it seems like I didn't have much in my stomach to come up. I waited for over a minute, with my head rested in the toilet seat, disgusted by myself. Luckily whatever little that was in me, finally came out.

After vomiting, I looked in the mirror while I wash my hands which were dirtier than a plumber's. I rinsed my mouth as many as I could as the touch of cold water in my throat was doing the magic of waking me completely. I stared at myself after I have sipped a few handfuls of water, and all I could see is the short dress from last night, and a makeup which I went to bed thinking I wiped it. I suddenly washed my face several times, but it wasn't enough. I walked back to my room, dragging my now heavy head. I took the short dress off and wore a towel and took my toiletry bag. As weak as I was, I needed a warm shower.

I walked back to the shower room and found myself standing in the shower, with water running down my body. I was so weak that standing was all I could do, I couldn't wash myself. I stood still and managed to bath before I lose my 1-minute strength, and I guess that was enough for me, I was already feeling a little bit better and awake.

After some time, I was done and waddling to my room. I got in and wore a body lotion, but I was still feeling sick, I needed something for my empty stomach, food.

I lay down on the bed while I think of what to eat, everything in my room looks disgusting for me to eat. Cereal, I couldn't even dare; toast, nope it was going to be crunchy and scratch my tummy. I found myself craving for a Chesanyama meal; pap and braai chicken. I could already see myself indulging that, and the more I thought of it, the more the craving stroke. I had no choice but to call Sihle to be my delivery man. I couldn't walk to the restaurant because I was weak and there was no way to gain strength unless I eat. I called him, and in just a minute, he was in my room.

"Did you guys drink too much last night?" he asked after realising the disease I have is nothing else but a hangover.

"A bit," I said. I tried not drinking too much last night, but I think I drank something too strong, that's why I'm feeling like this.

"Ha-ha, don't lie. Let me go buy you food," he said, and I nodded while he opens the door to leave. He locked the door from the outside as I couldn't even wake up after he left. If anything happens to him out there, am trapped inside and am weak to do anything. I continued lying down and closed my eyes for a second, just when I was opening them from a sound I heard, he was back, unlocking the door.

"That was quick," I said, and he just smiled. Maybe it wasn't. Perhaps I fell as sleep for 20 minutes although it felt like I closed my eyes for only 1 second. He poured coke in a glass and handed it to me.