15. The Curse

May

Sunday

We finally arrived in Braamfontein, it was passing 9. She didn't stay, she just dropped me and drove back. I took a lift to my floor, just thanking God I'm back. While walking toward my room, I came across Hazel, who was with a guy I didn't know. It must be the boyfriend.

"Hey, are you just coming back?" she asked, as she stopped. Her boyfriend staring at me with no shame.

"Yah I just got here," I said, trying to dodge the guy's eyes.

"How was it? Okay, don't answer that, I will come by after I walk Thando. Oh, by the way, this is Thando, my boyfriend," she said, and I finally looked at him. "Thando, this is Tshedza, my best friend," she finished, I didn't know we were best friends.

"Hi," I said to Thando, who slightly walked to me and hugged me.

"Nice to meet you," he said, after hugging me and I just nodded, smiling, while Hazel winked at me.

"Okay, I will come by later," she said, and I waved at her, going toward my room. I entered my room and threw myself in bed. 

What a terrible weekend I just had. I took off my clothes and got under the sheets, time to sleep. I guess I didn't have much sleep last night because of the problems I created. I just hope the 'later' Hazel is talking about is the one where she will find me sleeping, I don't want to see her today, I just need to rest.

I woke up in the afternoon, I realised it was my phone which woke me.

"Sihle," I said to the call.

"Are you back yet from your sister's?" he asked.

"Yes, I'm back. You?"

"I just got here. Should I come by your room? I miss you."

"Okay, you can come," I said, and he was on his way.

I woke up and make up my bed which was already messed up. I thought of my sister and what she might be going through right now. I should call her now, I thought to myself. I tried calling her, but she wasn't picking up her phone, so I just sent her a message that I hope everything goes well.

Sihle knocked at my door in a few minutes. When I opened the door, he couldn't wait for me to say hi, he pulled me to his small body and kissed me passionately.

"I missed you so much," he said, while he enters, and I closed the door behind us.

"I did miss you too babe," I said as I try to catch up on his happy mood. I wonder why he is thrilled, this is not because he is seeing me, there is something behind this. "Why are you so happy, is like you not from the funeral?" I asked, joining him on the bed.

"I'm just happy to see you," he said, and I just nodded, hugging him one more time.

We lay down in bed while he explained to me how his weekend was, how the funeral went, and how everyone is at home. I told him my weekend was okay, I didn't have the energy to explain what I did at my sister's, so I lied. I'm thinking of keeping it as a secret to everyone, I can't go around explaining myself how I didn't do it deliberately.

Sihle told me that the postpone he did at the hotel worked so we will go this coming weekend. It's getting creepier than romantic to have to go through all this just to have sex. Is it even worth it to do it at the hotel? I mean, is not like we are married, we can do it here, right now and nothing will change, it will just be sex.