3. The Party i

March

Saturday

My mom decided to postpone the visit...

Well, guess who will still be rocking them old clothes?

She sent me some money though, is just, money is never enough when paying for the shopping yourself.

So no school today, thank God. Zinzi and I decided to go to the mall. I had to use the little money my mom sent before I use it on food or unnecessary books. I walked to the campus just to catch a bus that takes us to the mall. The bus goes through all School Res and then drops us at Rosebank mall every weekend. Zinzi was waiting for me at her res. Our goal was to find beautiful new clothes for the party, we missed the freshers' party, so we had to shine on this one.

The shopping went well and I just wished my mom was around as I didn't get everything I wanted.

Monday

I haven't seen Sihle since he came by my room to get the movies last Wednesday, but we have chatted a bit during the weekend. He wanted to visit me on Saturday, but I wasn't around. I'm a bit glad I wasn't around because I'm not ready to hang out with him when we have the whole day, I'm not prepared for that.

The first lecture on Monday is Chemistry. Most people I have seen at the campus I mostly see them in Chemistry lecture. And now that I know Sihle, I see his friends are also in the same class as us. I walked past them sitting at the back, I didn't greet them, I couldn't handle the eyes staring at me as I walk down the stairs to the almost front sit. I can always greet Sihle via WhatsApp.

"I saw your boyfriend, he said hi, have you seen mine?" Zinzi asked the moment I sat next to her.

"He's not my boyfriend. You still haven't got his numbers?" I asked. She told me over the weekend about Jabu that he didn't ask her the phone numbers and now she's afraid he might not fancy her.

"I haven't seen him since that day we met. I was just hoping he would ask Sihle to ask you for my numbers, but he hasn't?" She said sadly.

"No, sorry. But I haven't talked to Sihle since Saturday. Give Jabu some time maybe he will ask today." I said, bringing hope back.

"Why is he not even here? All his friends are here,"

"Maybe he got a different slot,"

"Yeah maybe,"

During a 15 minutes break between Chemistry lecture, we walked out, and in no time, we found ourselves standing talking to Sihle and his pals. We talked about 'I have no idea what' and the dodgy guy who tried to get my attention when we met last week, just joined.

His name is Karabo, I heard when the guys were talking to him asking why he was late. When he joined us, he stared at me and winked, I had no idea how to respond. While they were busy talking, I dragged Zinzi, and that was our way out.

"Why did we leave? I wanted to ask where Jabu is?" Zinzi said, desperately.

"Good thing I dragged you, you don't ask them that, they will tell him, and you will look desperate."

"Well, I am desperate,"

"Give him some time, I will ask Sihle, is better coming from me," I said as we sit down.

The second lecture started, and the lecturer announced the first test coming up.

Friday

Friday afternoon is always a Maths tutorial for us. Zinzi and I didn't get the same classroom, but we finish at the same time. Sometimes it is as early as half past 3 and sometimes as late as quarter past 5.