19. The Disease

May

Friday

The following day in the morning, Sihle arrived where Zinzi and I were sitting, joining us.

"Zinzis, I haven't seen you in a while," he said to Zinzi, and she just chuckled. My best friend can't really hide a secret. It was tough when I had to make her and Jabu keep my secret. Now the secret is out, so they are free from my chains, well, except the 1 big secret. Karabo broke my virginity, that's the secret they have to take to their graves.

"Yeah, I saw you on Tuesday coming from the libr..." I looked at her shaking my head, and she stopped talking. She realised I didn't want her to bring that up, the exact topic Sihle and I don't want to talk about. "Oh, I just remembered, I have to go to the library and find this book," she finished by changing her statement, pointing to a textbook she is holding. Sihle just smiled like he knew she was nervous. She waved her hand to me and then left.

"She looks jumpy, you already told her?" he asked, referring to us having sex last night.

"She's my best friend, I had to," I responded.

"Did she know you weren't a virgin?" he asked, and I didn't know how to respond to that. "Of course, she knew, she's your best friend," he answered himself, and I just smiled and gave him a baby kiss. "Here, buy the morning after pills after school, you have to take them before tomorrow," he finished, giving me 200 bucks.

"Thanks," I said, as I shove the money in my backpack side pocket. "I'm sorry about the way I reacted last night, I was just scared," I said, remembering I reacted so bad last night, I treated Sihle like a kid.

"No, it's okay, I was also just excited I forgot to pull out so... And you are right, we are not ready for a kid I should always be careful," he said, I was glad he took it that way.

"So, did you cancel the bookings at the hotel?" I asked.

"Not really, the fee is expensive, so I just postponed it to June 21st, we will both be done with the exam then. It will be like a mid year's pen's down," he said. "It's a good thing they allowed us to postpone the date; otherwise we were going to lose 50% by cancelling. I will definitely buy a lot of condoms for that day," he continued, and I just laughed.

June

Sihle and I were now officially back together. We were a happy couple that became the it-couple to our friends. Having sex was now part of our lives, and it was good because he was getting good at it.

Days went by, and the last day of class arrived. The squad and I had completed our Chemistry group work, so we submitted it. We decided to form a study group for the exam, all of us and other students joined the group. And obviously, Karabo was part of it too.

Since the word went out that Sihle and I sealed the virginity deal, and as everyone now knows we are dating, Karabo backed up a little. He was no longer paying attention to me, and it was nice, but I sometimes miss him.

The exams arrived, and Sihle and I were lucky we had a few days before our first paper.

The other day, while taking a break from studying, we decided to chill at the library loans. We talked a bit about school and then about our friends and their stories. He told me about Jabu, what he was like at high school, they weren't friends back then, but he said Jabu was one of the nicest guys.

"His ex-girlfriend?" I asked, referring to the UJ girl.

"She was okay, but she wasn't good for him. Mostly we will think she was using him for his maths skills, but well, I guess she gained coz she passed her matric well," he responded as I lay down with my head on his lap facing the cold sky.