25. The Couple

July

We decided to go out and celebrate our love. Since I announced I wanted to let Sihle go, we have been officially dating; at least to ourselves, no one else knows yet. We went to the theme park, Gold Reef City.

After the day was over, on our way to the parking lot, we run into Hazel. I haven't seen her since the night she dragged me out with her blessers. She tried coming to my room the day after, but Sihle was around so we couldn't talk. I haven't seen her since then.

"Hey, I haven't seen you in a minute," She giggled, hugging me. I am still angry at her for what she did, but I hugged her back.

"Hi," I said.

"How have you been? we haven't talked in like forever,"

"Been good. You?"

"Good. Good," she said, nodding just waiting for me to join her on her excitement. "Um, the day I came to your room, I wanted to talk to you but your boyfr...I mean he was around," she said, looking at Karabo, "The thing is, I wanted to apologise. And now you are not picking up my calls so," She finished, realising I am still mad. She looked at Karabo again and smiled at him while murmuring 'hi' and waving her hand.

"Yeah, I saw your missed calls I just forgot to get back to you," I lied, I just didn't want to talk to her.

"I really am sorry, Tshedza. When I think about it now, what I did to you wasn't fair. You are my friend, and I treated you like a..."

"Hazel, it's cool. Maybe we can talk about this some other time. We have to go now."

"Alright, I will call you," she said, sadly. It's her fault. I would have been an excellent friend to her. Now she lost me.

"Bye," I said, already leaving her site.

"Wait, I wanted to invite..." she couldn't finish. I looked at her with my raised eyes like dude, again? "No, it's different. I'm getting married, so they are coming to pay lobola this coming Saturday. I would like it if you come, I don't have any other friends,"

"Hazel, I can't..." I said, but Karabo interrupted me.

"She will think about it," he said, and Hazel just nodded. We said our cheers and went our separate ways.

"Why did you say I will think about it?" I asked Karabo as soon as we get in the car.

"Well, she's still your friend, even though she messed up. Don't hold it on your plans like being each other's bride maids,"

"She is not my friend. I thought she was until she almost got me raped. I only knew her now anyway, so she's not."

"She's sorry so... just forgive her. And it doesn't matter when you knew her. Help her out, I will drive you," He said, starting the car.

"We will see."

"I don't want my uncles to find you alone when they come to pay lobola for you, so support your friends so they can support you too," he said, and I just laughed.

"Come 'on I have Zinzi,"

"I know. You can have more, make it hard for my uncle to find you under the blankets," he said, and I just laughed.

"So you will be paying lobola for me, huh?" I asked, and he looked at me, smirking while he nods. He then faced the road as the traffic lights open for us, and just held my hand. I am into deep with this guy.

Saturday

Past few days Karabo has been trying to convince me to support Hazel. I ended up calling her to let her know I will come. She was very excited.