Ep 23

PoV: Tails

"You didn't answer my other question yet... Why are you following Shadow?" I sat down, I felt more betrayed than before...

"To put it simply..." He smiled a soft smile I hadn't seen before, "I love him."

"You what..."

"Are you deaf now? I said I love him."

"Why? Why him?" I felt like my chest was being crushed. How could he... how could he!

"The heart chooses it's own path. Shadow is excellent at being dominant, and I find him to be a good leader," Sonic laughed, "I fell in love, so I changed to be his ideal. That is all."

"Does he say I love you back?" I asked, his smile faded for a split second before returning.

"He does," I felt it, for a split second I felt a slight sense of pain coming from him.

"Sonic... do you know if he means it?" I came closer to him.

"What kind of dumnbass question is that? He wouldn't say it if he didn't mean it," he was hurting... Shadow didn't love him back...

"Sonic, please," I hugged him, "Sleepover for a while. We can talk and play like before."

"I can't, you see I was kidnapped by my enemy," I faintly felt his hand on my back.

"Then I guess we'll keep you overnight," he's still in here. My big brother is hiding in him.

PoV: Shadow

  Sonic was easy enough to track. I found him in the custody of the heroes as expected. He didn't look worried or mad. He wasn't tied down or caged- No, his ankles are cuffed so he can't run away.

  I had see the small chain connecting Sonic's ankles together. His hands were tied with a lose rope. He was sitting there as his ex teammates surrounded him. Tails was the only one who sat directly next to him. I pulled out the rings and checked each one for damages. Not even a scratch on their glossy surface. Sonic, this is the only way I can get you under control...

  If I got one ring onto him it would bring him down to 80 percent. All four would leave him around 20. If I have a fifth ring it would make him completely powerless, but I didn't have that option. He'll fight, but he has to obey me in them end.

  I hadn't notice, but Sonic was looking out the window from where he sat. His eyes were staring directly at me. His detection skills were incredibly sharp. I was currently hiding my presence and he still located me.

  I might as well.

I jumped down from the tree and opened their front door; everyone noticed immediately.

"Shadow, you won't take Sonic back without a fight!" Tails snapped.

"I'm not in the mood for a fight," I grabbed Sonic by the back of his shirt.

"What is this? You suddenly feeling heroic?" Sonic was in one of his teasing moods, Good it means I won't have to fight.

"We're leaving," I started dragging him out by the back collar of his shirt.

"Oh, but they offered to wash my uniform," Sonic groaned.

"Shut up!" I kicked their front door open.

"Bye bye~" Sonic waved and I slammed their door shut.

"Hey!" They opened the door back up a few moments later, "Sonic is still our prisoner!"

"Give him back!" Tails grabbed onto my arm and I pushed him off me.

"Sonic, hurry up and break the shackles," I let go of the shirt and he fell onto his back.

"Untie me first," he held his wrists up to me.

"I know damn well you can untie yourself," I ignored his whining as focused on the leftover heroes for now.

"Give Sonic back, we just need to set his head straight," Amy pulled out her hammer, "Shadow, please. Help us take down Eggman."

"We will," Sonic was up, he had taken the shackles and rope off on his own, "Just not yet."

"Sonic..." that spark of hope they all had, Don't let him trick you. I'm the only reason this brat hasn't killed everyone on the planet.

"Besides, Eggman is one heart attack away from his own grave. Time will run out eventually," he laughed it off like it was nothing.

"Sonic," I glared his way and he quieted down.

"Are we leaving yet?" He asked, "Or I'm still their prisoner."

"Go back to the ship, now!" I snapped.

"Fine," he left and I stayed back for a short while.

"Shadow... why are you working for Eggman again? You owe him nothing, and you could go back to living peacefully somewhere," Tails asked, "Sonic might follow you if you stop-"

"He won't. Sonic is set on taking over the planet. I'm only stalling him until I can figure something out. You all need to think about it as well. He needs someone to snap him out of it," I left and found Sonic back in his room. The uniform he wore was carelessly laid across the ground. He was under the covers gazing at his own wrists.

"You didn't come to save me... You came because you thought I would kill them," Sonic glared at me with such hatred, "I mean nothing to you..."

"Sonic," Crap, I can't let him get anymore upset. I sat down next to him and rubbed his back, "I came for you. You vanished without a word, I was... worried about you..." This lie won't keep up forever...

"You're full of shit," he got up and grabbed his towel, "I'm gonna take a bath. You can talk to me when you actually care."

  Fuck... this is going to be more challenging from now on...

~~~