Ep 13

PoV: Shadow

"Hahahaha! WONDERFUL!" Eggman was ecstatic. He had the shards of the master emerald in his hands, "Shadow this is the best search mission I have ever done!"

  The doctor went on and on about his own compliments and such.

"Unfortunately we haven't been able to restore it yet. It seems there's only one person who can," I explained.

"Knuckles is the only one who knows how the master emerald works," Rouge continued, "So we'll need to get him first."

"You three have earned a vacation. You may go where you please for three days so long as it isn't any my restricted rooms," Eggman gathered the shards and left to his lab, extremely giddy, and he wasn't the only one. Sonic had a big smile on his face.

"Why do you have that look on your face?" I asked him.

"Hmhm!" He grinned, "I. Love. You."

"What of it?" He didn't say that too often... I hadn't said it to him at all. I wasn't sure if I loved him, but fucking him was enough for me.

"Nothing, where do you want to go tomorrow?" He jumped down from the ledge he was on and hugged my arm, "I know where I want to go."

"I haven't decided yet, but you're not going anywhere alone understood," I grabbed his hand.

"I know," Sonic walked with me to the bath. We took a bath together and Rouge had her own bath after. Sonic fell asleep as soon as he hit the bed.

"Idiot, you're acting hyper when you're exhausted from the mission," I covered Sonic with his blanket and let him sleep through the night as I rested besides him in bed. I simply had to wait until the sun rises now.

---

  Around noon the next day we left the ship. Sonic grabbed my hand.

"I can't take you there by running," Sonic took both my hands in his, "But I know another way~"

"I can't chaos control unless you tell me where we're going," I answered.

"You forgot didn't you," his chaos energy felt different, more powerful. How much power was he hiding?

"Forgot what?" I didn't know what he was talking about.

"Hm~ That's okay, I forgive you!" He hugged me.

"What are you talking about?"

"Chaos Conrtol~" in the blink of an eye we had changed locations...

"What the hell?!" He didn't have a chaos emerald with him, how did he use chaos control?

"I've been practicing~ I did it when we met too, on the arch, remember?" He smiled, he was still in uniform.

"Practicing huh? What happened to wanting to run everywhere?" I followed him down the stone stairs. And looked over us... we were some where far from Eggman's take over. There was almost not trace of mobian like here. The ground was black with ashes, only the skeletons of buildings remained.

"I need a plan b too you know," he stopped in the middle of this waste.

"Where did you bring me?" I watched as trees had become burned, hallow remains of what they once were. Behind the stairs we arrived on was a stone bell tower, the bell had collapsed onto the ground.

"My home. I was raised here until I was around five," he said, "And then it burned down."

"I'm sorry to here that," I felt sympathetic, I had lost someone dear to me, he lost the place he was raised.

"You know who burned it down?" He hadn't turned to face me, he pick a stick off the ground and it fell apart in his hand.

"I wouldn't know. I was still in hibernation."

"Dr. Robotnik did it. He killed them all, right in front of me. I was too little to do anything. My uncle Chuck had gotten me out of my parents house. As we ran away, the rest of the village caught fire. Now I'm the only one left, Uncle Chuck disappeared."

"Did you bring me here to tell me your life story?" I walked up to him, he was still smiling. No tears or signs of torment, he was standing there with a big smile on his face.

"No, I brought you here to show you what Eggman can't do. His grandfather did this. The same one who made you before he died. Eggman isn't a cruel, he won't get us far-"

"Sonic enough!" I grabbed him.

"What's wrong?"

"You keep talking about world domination and destroying everything... WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU!?" I didn't want him to destroy everything, "You're going to ruin Eggmans plan."

"Nothing's wrong with me. I want the world for you, I do it all for you..." his smile stopped and he gripped his shirt, "Its for our world together..."

"Sonic our world together is this."

"Idiot! We can't have our world together under Eggman! He can separate us!" He shouted.

"Its time for your nap," I chaos controlled behind him and struck him in the stomach hard enough to knock him out, "You're getting more dangerous... learning new powers..."

  My worst fear was being realized... Sonic was starting to get more powerful than myself... I'd need a better way to control him...

  Before it's too late.

~~~

3/30/2020