Ep 34

PoV: Tails

"Incoming transmission," my commicator turned on as we all got into place.

"What's it say Tails?" Sally asked as a text message appeared.

"Eggman has stated his mission. Recovery of the chaos emerald and destruction of the city at all costs. Do not hold back. Sonic is more powerful than you think," I gulped as we watched Eggman's air ship land at the edge of the city, "Okay everyone in position."

"Tails," Sally placed a hand on my shoulder, "it's gonna be alright. Remember, Shadow gave us a fail safe. It won't hold Sonic for long but it'll be enough to catch him and restrain him."

"Right. The fail safe," It was our last option but it was a risky one.

"Everyone get into position!"

PoV: Sonic

The sound of the wind around us. This city was quiet. Not a single mobian to be seen. Something is wrong.

"ATTACK!" A group came running out. Most held primitive weapons. A select few held guns. All of them were wearing anything they could find as armor.

"Section A Bantiks, capture," Shadow ordered the robots, sending off only a portion of the robots.

For the mean time I kept silent. My mission to Eggman was finding the chaos emerald. Leading the attack was up to Rouge and Shadow. I don't feel anything... Normally I would sense the emerald before going blank. I need to stay clear of that for now. If I go blank I won't be able to fulfill Master's plan.

"Robot down!" The rebellion cheered as they managed to destroy a single bot.

I kicked the guy standing on the bot down from his high horse.

"Oh really?" I grinned before quickly repairing it, "Then let's keep going."

"Oh crap, he's here already!" I heard one of them.

"Baka, I'm the fasting thing alive for a reason," I watched as Rouge ordered the second section of bots to attack the city and detroy the buildings.

"Now!"

Crash! And entire building began collapsing in my direction. I dodged, not even dust landed on me.

I see now. This whole city... This is gonna be fun.

PoV: Shadow

They had already set off the 1st trap of many. A fake building collapse. Sonic dodged as expected. It wasn't the only trap we had for him. If the freedom fighters did their job correctly we should be able to catch him.

It didn't take long before Sonic started capturing the rebels. He was repairing robots all over the battle feild whilst flawlessly avoiding traps which were all over the city. Some attacks were thoroughly though out, others were more primitive. Still, not even a scratch on Sonic while he only had 20% of his power assecible at a time. Sonic, was able to dodged every attack thrown his way. His naturally speed, his abilities... We could only hope that the failsafe would work now.

"Incoming Transmission," my hidden communicator went off.

  Tails sent a message saying the final trap was set and ready. It was time.

PoV: Sonic

  Each robot I repaired that wasn't modified, I quickly and quietly modified. It wasn't before long before I had completely modified the entire army. However there was one robot I had waiting for my specific orders. It's almost time, I'll order the robots to protect me while I go blank. Then it's time for world domination. Shadow... I wish I didn't have to leave you behind, but you've made your intentions pretty clear. Master was right...

You never loved me, and this date was a lie...

  I looked back for Shadow, he was texting someone before teleporting away... Traps were only set off around me, the robots were mostly ignored... this entire city was a trap specifically for me. Rather than running around, it'd be quickest to end this at the center.

"Master Control," I whispered it into the controller I had hidden on my wrist. The blue eyes of the robots changed to yellow, "Camouflage."

  Both were coded orders. Now the robots were under my control, but they continued acting under Eggman's orders. If my life were to become endangered they would immediately come to assist me.

  Master I'll be blank soon, protect me in the mean time. I'll grab the chaos emeralds on my way out.

  I chaos controlled closer to the center of town and there I could see it was completely empty. Too obvious Tails. I jumped down into the center, a few robots  following me as protection.

PSSSSSHHHHH!!! A fire hydrant burst open. Then another. They were going to flood the plaza. The large badnik behind me picked me up and set me on its shoulder, keeping me out of the water.

"Good boy~ I'm glad the waterproof coating is working. Eggman's dumb bots always did short out if you shot a water gun at them," I pet the robot as it carried me through the water, "Egguman no koto o nagaku shinpai suru hitsuyō wanaidarou."

"Sonic!" Tails was right in front of me, "Please, don't make us do this. We want to help you. The master emerald has done something to you hasn't it? Let us help you. We can figure this out together. Please, I'm sorry for what I said, I know it was hard to hear. But it needed to be said, come back to us!"

"It doesn't matter," Masster took my voice again, "Sonic belongs to us. The perfect lifeform to create a new world. You'll never get him back."

"I'm sorry Sonic... but I swear I will never stop trying to save you!" Tails shouted and just then all the buildings around me collapsed, creating a bowl that continued to contain all the water.

  Atop the rubble, all of the freedom fighters appeared.

"Sonic..." Sally was next to Tails, "when you came and got the ring generator I believed you lies... How could you turn on us?"

"Easily... after all, Knuckles is the only one I have to thank," I turned to find Knuckles, looking anxious like he had been since fhay faithful day, "The day the emerald shattered and you left me for dead."

"Dammit Sonic," I heard him growl, "I swear I turned back to help-"

"I've had enough of this," I focused my energy and gained some control over my chaos energy again, "Kaosusupiaringu."

  A ring of chaos spears circled me, each spear pointing out towards the freedom fights. Damn, the inhibitor rings are making thus annoying.

"What the hell is that? Since when can he do that!" I heard the panic around me. It brought a grin to my face.

"I do hope you all put up some fight before you die," I smiled, and waved my hand.

"Fire."

~~~

07-10-2023

Guilty of an accidental hiatus. I'm sorry! I haven't abandoned this book, I swear!!!

I'm just sucked into one peice, it's my strongest hyperfixation right now. I'm on ep 536.

I will be publishing as consistent as I can. Like I've said many times. I'm trying to limit the books I'm working on, which means the short books and ending books go first. This book still has a while to go.

Now enjoy! Next update should be soon!

Love you! Forgive me!

😭😭😭😭😭