Ep 3

PoV: Shadow The Hedgehog

  I had no need to sleep. It wasn't a biological need for me, but I lied to Eggman about that for this alone. Sonic was curled into a ball and peacefully sleeping. I pulled him into my chest and he nuzzled into my fur. He had an attachment to me, and I was greatful for it. The alarm went off at five am, Sonic opened one eye and buried himself under the blanket.

"Sonic, it's time to get up," I pulled the blanket off him.

"No... it's our day off..." he yawned.

"That's tomorrow," I corrected him.

"You know Eggman. He sleeps in on Fridays."

"Yes, that's true, but we have some rounds to do today," I got out of bed and started the bath, once it was full I made sure the water was cold. Sonic had fallen back to sleep, "Hey, get up."

"No~" he curled up again.

"Fine," I grabbed him and dragged him into the bathroom.

"No..." he whined.

"Wake up," I tossed him into the freezing water.

"AH! WHAT THE FUCK SHADOW?!" He stood up immediately, shivering from the cold.

"I told you get up," I tossed him a towel, "We have rounds today. Dry off and get dressed."

"Fuck you, I'm getting revenge for this!" He shouted.

  I shut the door and waited for him. Sonic came out in just a towel with a toothbrush in his mouth. He's changed as he brushed his teeth. He wore his uniform again. Black leggings, and a white dress shirt and a black vest over it. The vest itself had a red trim, and his shoes were now black.

"You look adorable, as usual," I held him.

"Leh ee inish rushihg hy eeth," he spoke with the toothbrush in his mouth as he pushed me off him.

  I let him go back into the bathroom and he came out with his quills perfectly done and his eyes bright and awake.

"I don't really feel like rounds today," Sonic sighed.

"Something you'd rather be doing?" I asked as we walked out to grab the clipboard to check inventory of the robots, weapons, and anything else Eggman wanted us to keep track of.

"I want to take over a city, I'm sick of all these small village take overs," he looked at me, "Don't you think he's moving too slow?"

"Sonic what are you saying?" I stopped, "We listen to Eggman."

"I don't listen to anyone, except for you obviously," he smiled, "And I'm talking about just the two of us. A world for us."

"No," I knew he had ideas. I knew he wanted something more. If I didn't keep him in check he'd abuse his boredom to take over the world, "We move slow so there are no mistakes."

"This is boring..." he groaned.

"Eggman may send us out today, but don't keep your hopes-"

  I was interrupted by the alarm and red flashing lights.

"SHADOW!" Eggman shouted for me.

"See," I grabbed Sonic's hand, "Chaos Control."

"SHADOW!" Eggman shouted at us, "Your new assignment is to defend sector four. That team of heroes  is attacking my invasion. Defend it, and take the village."

"Yes doctor," I teleported myself and Sonic to the closest sector to the new village Eggman called 'sector 4.'

"Finally!" Sonic cheered, "Something exciting!"

  He's going to get carried away. We started running, in my case skating, to the soon to be sector 4. When we arrived, they were there Tails, and his team of idiots.

"Sonic, can you handle this?" I looked to Sonic who was smiling.

"Yeah, I can handle it fine."

"Attack."

~~~

October 2019