Ep 21

PoV: Sonic

  It was quiet with Shadow gone. I had finished the generator and I had nothing to do. Almost like miracle, the speakers were activated.

"Sonic! Shadow! Rouge! Meet me in the control room. NOW!" Eggman shouted into the microphone. I ran there immediately.

"I'm here Doctor," I saw him with his screen monitor active.

"My alarms went off. Do you know why?" He grinned and I checked the screen behind me.

"A chaos emerald sir," Rouge walked in.

"Finally here to join the mission are you?" Eggman changed the screen to a map with the location of the emerald.

"I'd never miss a chance for new jewelry," Rouge squeezed my shoulders, "Or some play time."

"No thanks," I pushed her off me and Eggman started talking again.

"I want you three to retrieve the emerald- why isn't Shadow here?!" Eggman snapped.

"He said he had a mission," I answered, "He's been gone for almost an hour now sir."

"Rouge," Eggman turned to her, "Can you handle him and a fight?"

"... Not yet Sir. Shadow is still teaching me," Rouge wasn't one to lie about her abilities.

  The mission was put on a halt until Shadow's return. I can get the emerald myself, just so long as it's a safe area and I don't get too close.

  I left in secret, I couldn't stand waiting. I needed this run.

PoV: Shadow

  It was a mess... it shocked me that the wreck of the arch was still in one piece. I found the lab, most of it had been destroyed but I hoped what I was looking was still in tact.

  I shifted through everything before I found them in the old safe. The inhibitor rings the old doctor made for me these weren't as powerful as the ones on me, I'd have to adjust them. The old doctor had made these during the testing trial. According to him, they could only keep me at 25 percent capacity. Unlike my own which keep my power at full capacity. We went through several rings and these were the first pair I ever tried on.

  I had a choice to make now. I could either contain Sonic's abilities using defective limit rings, or let him run wild with what ever he's planning...

  I ignored all concern for now. I put away all four silver rings and returned. When I returned I received a mouthful from Eggman. A chaos emerald had been located and they had been waiting for my return. The problem was Sonic was missing.

PoV: Sonic

  I watched from a far, I couldn't see an emerald, but I did see something interesting. The signal was coming from the frozen tundra. What caught my eye was the chillidog pile in the center of the frozen lake. I recognized this trick.

"What is this? A trip down memory lane?" I walked onto the ice and looked around while standing behind the chillidog, "You really think this will work Tails?"

  Click!

  I heard the trap set off. The ice cracked below my feet and a metal cage came up from below the ice. It top folded over and sealed me inside. I was alone in this cage as the ice broke apart. Only water surrounded me now.

"As cleaver as always. So, it's safe to assume the chaos emerald signal was fake," I sighed, "I was hoping for a real one."

"We caught you... We actually caught you..." Tails flew up to the cage and handed me a chillidog, "We're going to take you home now, okay Sonic?"

"Why?" I sighed. I wonder what I should do. Go back because the emerald was fake or let them take me and annoy me... the ship is boring, but this is annoying...

"Sonic you have to stop!" Tails grabbed me by the vest of my uniform, "We need you! We miss you... Please. Come back. Be our blue leader again..."

"I'm never coming back," I pulled his hands off me.

"Sonic please. You have to come back. I..." he started crying, the other three were waiting on the other side of the ice, "I still need you. Knuckles, Amy, and Sticks... they're all strong on their own. I need you, I'm your sidekick."

"If you need me that bad, you could be my sidekick now. I'll even tell you what I'm planning," I grabbed his hand, "There is a downside. Right now Shadow only listens to Eggman, so we'd be under Eggmans orders till he croaks. I'll give you time to think about it."

"I'll never be a villan!" He snapped.

"You can tell me when you change your mind," I let them take me back for now. I figured I might find something fun.

  I guess I'll be home late tonight Shadow. Not like he'll fuck me anyway. Jerk.

PoV: Shadow

  I went to the location the emerald singal was coming from. I found nothing but an empty cage in the middle of the frozen lake.

"What the hell?" I found footprints in the snow. Fight sets of footprints leading out of the snow, "Shit!"

  I followed the tracks until they vanished. I could only feel panic and an uneasiness in my nerves. Sonic was completely alone and I had no idea what he was planning. I couldn't debate this any longer. I needed to get the ring on him and now.

  If Sonic kills them their blood is on my hands.

~~~