Ep 38

PoV: Knuckles

--- 8 Months Ago ---

"Hey~ Knuckles!" Sonic rushed towards the temple on angle island, "How's it hangin?"

"Same as everyday, peaceful because I am here to guard the emerald. What do you want?" I sighed and sat up, "You're interrupting my duty."

"Really? Cause it looks like I interuped a cat nap," Sonic laughed before taking a seat. He had a small basket with him and set it down, "Amy sent you some pie. It's pretty good."

"She did?" I perked up, opening the basket to find a whole apple pie. It have a small carving of the master emerald in the crust, "This is great. I was just thinking about lunch."

"Yeah, she made me something called a minced meat pie once. I thought it would be chilli filled, but it's actually fruit," we talked for a while. I was eating my pie slice by hand.

As the sun began to set, Sonic had started shifting around.

"You know, you should come visit us again. Everyone likes having you around. You could set angle island near the beach I live by so it's always close-"

"I'm not risking that," I cut off Sonic, immediately rejecting his offer, "You live near Eggman's home base to keep an eye on him. Bringing the emerald that close is reckless."

"Yeah, I guess so. Maybe we could all come up here again. Have another picnic, play some games-"

"That would also disrupt my duties," I shot Sonic down again, "You guys are a distraction. But," Sonic's ears perked up, "It would be alright of its after you defeat Eggman. If he had to rebuild, he'll have to time to attack."

"Sounds good," Sonic smiled and stretched, "I've been still for way to long. Mind if I run a few laps?"

"I don't care what you do," I laid back down, resuming my guarding.

"Right," Sonic sighed before running off through the forest. It was quiet and peaceful again, until it wasn't.

"Eggman's on his way!" Soinc shouted as he reached the bottom of the temple, "Knuckles!"

"Why is Eggman here?" I glided down the temple and met Sonic at the base. I had hidden Angle island well, Sonic had been the only visitor is a month.

"He must have found an emerald, that's the only way to find angle island," Sonic replied, "I'll call the other for back u- argh!"

The island shook Eggman began blasting at the surface. Trees were cleared off and the battleship landed, releasing badniks across the island.

"No time, we handle this now," I ran ahead and Sonic soon raced forwards.

"Why aren't you fighting?" I finally arrived, immediately I began using powerful attacks to combat the army. Sonic was knealing and not attacking at all.

"I am fighting!" Sonic got up and tried his communicator, "Come on Tails. We need more than just the two of us right now."

  The two of us fought, but Sonic had begun to slow down. He wasn't serious about protecting the Emerald at all.

"I thought you were our leader, what is wrong with you?" I pulled Sonic out the shOt of a lazer before he was hit.

"I- ngh..." Another attack forced us to separate in order to dodge.

"Ohohohoh!" Eggman cackled as he finally appeared on the scene, "Well, Sonic, of course you showed up un invited. This was supposed to be a surprise party for Knuckles but I guess you can attend too. Now, get me the Master Emerald!"