Ep 29

PoV: Sonic

"Tsk..." my arm ached as I woke up. I found my upper arm wrapped in bandages, "What the? When did-"

"Sonic, you're awake," Shadow came in, he had Bandages in the same spot.

"What's with the bandages?" I started to unwrap mine, the inside was stained with blood.

"Eggman has gotten some doubts about us recently. He got all of us with a tracker. Rouge isn't taking the potential scar all too well," he answered as he pulled a new bandage from the first aid kit.

"He'll know if we pull it out," I sighed, it was going to leave a pretty visible scar.

"Unfortunately," Shadow didn't seem all too irritated with the tracker.

"He's lying to you. Check the bandages."

"Hey!" Shadow glared as I pulled off his bandages. He wasn't lying... He had the swelling, the incision, the blood, and stitches, "I just changed those," he pulled the bandages back up and applied cream to my incision.

"I had to check... you've been lying a lot lately..." I got up and started getting dressed.

"We have a mission coming up tomorrow. If you're arm is in too much pain-"

"I'm going! I'm not gonna sit back just because of a cut. I can handle a mission," I got up and grabbed my uniform.

"I wasn't done with the bandages," Shadow pulled me back down he wrapped a new bandage around my arm and then let me get dressed, "You're too impatient for your own good."

"I've always hated waiting," I finished dressing and followed Shadow to the ship for our next mission.

"Sugu ni watashitachi wa mō egguman o hitsuyō to shinaku narimasu," I heard Master's voice as we traveled to the location of the mission.

"Sonic, we're are only here to take over a small town. Eggman wants all the civilians alive, understand?" Shadow reminded me of Eggman's rules.

"I know," It was going to be another boring takeover.

"Chi ga hitsuyōdesu. Watashi no tame ni 5 o koroshimasu," Master whispered to me.

Of course, Master.

"Kōgeki, kōgeki. Karera ga shinu made tatakatte kudasai~" I couldn't help but sing, hearing such great news.

PoV: Shadow

  I kept an eye on Sonic's eyes. He hadn't sang that song in a while. He had a big smile on his face. I watched as his ears flickered despite the silence. What are you telling him to do Master Emerald?

  I quickly sent a message to Rouge, I had asked her to spy on Sonic for me during this mission. I sent another message to Tails as a warning. I had no idea what would happen now, but if Sonic was going to kill they had to be ready.

  We landed and I kept Sonic at my side for the first few minutes. Then Eggman released the order to attack. Once Sonic was out of my sight, I had to depend on Rouge to watch him for me.

PoV: Rouge

  Track him? Seriously Shadow? I can't keep up with him.

"You finally stopped," I checked the tracker, Sonic had stopped at a house in the city, "What are you up to Sonic?"

  I stopped near the window, Sonic had taken several people captive and set them out of the sidewalk for the robots to take to the holding area. He was fast, but wasn't seriously hurting anyone. Then, he didn't come out of one house. Damm it.

  I flew down and snuck in through the window. Sonic wasn't anywhere in the house. Where did he go? I checked the tracker, he was still in the house somewhere. I looked around, the basement was empty. Then I found the attic. Sonic was there, he was quiet. I ducked as he walked by with a bottle.

"Just this much from her? I'm sure she could give us more," Sonic had slit her wrist and was collecting the blood in a small bottle. The girl had no reaction at all, "Okay. It's full. I have to go. I've spent too much time here."

  I quickly hid as Sonic sped out the door. He went back to his usual pattern after that. Capturing mobians, knocking them unconscious, and leaving them for the robots to pick up.

"Damn it... he disappeared again," I had lost sight of him. I had to wait for him to stop so I could track him again.

  When he stopped, I found him repeating the same routine. By the end of the mission... he has secretly killed five mobians and collected their blood... Sonic is getting seriously creepy.

"He's gone?!" I checked the map again, Sonic wasn't anywhere in the city!

"Rouge," Shadow found me on the rooftop, "We finished the mission, how was Sonic?"

"He left the city, I searching for him now," I tracked him again, "He's back at the base-" the screen went fuzzy, "I've lost communication."

"What did he do on the mission Rouge?" Shadow asked again.

"He's kill about five mobians. Two were girls. Two were men... one was a child... he collected their blood, I have no idea what he's doing-"

"He's just listening to the master emerald. I don't know how the emerald is possessing him, but this is getting gruesome. Let's go," he grabbed my and and the screen fixed itself. The tracker showed Sonic was back in the city by the ship.

"He's back, and I have connection with the Egglair again," I answered.

"Tsk... We need to find out what he's using all the blood for. The master emerald is capable of anything. We know nothing about it," Shadow pulled me up and walked me to the edge, "Sonic doesn't know you were here. Fly back ahead of time and try and find out what he was doing. I'll keep him here for as long as I can. I'll message you when we're on our way back."

"Okay," I took off, flying a head.

What are you after Master Emerald?

~~~

1/18/2022