Chapter 40: Before the Raid

In the White Tiger Guild's office, leaning back on the chair, Baek Yoon-Ho sighed.

'Is it possible? To be double awakened, and to have limitless growth...'

"I wonder how much he's worth it."

He was trying to recruit Sung Jin-Woo but it was useless. However, there are multiple ways to connect with him.

"It's time to  initiate plan B."

Yoon-Ho scanned the list of participants for the Jeju Island raid that would take place in four days on his phone.

He slammed the table in surprise. "Huh?! Where is hunter Sung Jin-Woo?!?!?" 

As he read again, he noticed that the name of the hunter who always accompanied Sung Jin-Woo was not on the list. He creased his brows. "Hunter Han Seung-Eun also did not join? Well, he is still too young, so it's expected that he won't join since he had only entered an A-rank gate once."

However, the cold calculative eyes that stared down at him from above while he was wrestling with another hunter the other day made him uneasy.

Hunter Sung JIn-Woo and hunter Han Seung-Eun were always together, but he never noticed the latter and couldn't guess what he was thinking. 

...

At the same time, Ryuji Goto called the sub-master of their guild. "Sugimoto-san, there are other strong hunters in South Korea."

Sugimoto-san smiled from the other side of the phone as he praised, "Haha, but they would still be weaker than you."

"Hm, I wouldn't be so sure about that "

"And that hunter's name is?"

"Sung Jin-Woo, he's a hunter who recently re-awakened and became an S-rank hunter in South Korea."

"Strange, his name is not on the list."

"Huh? What do you mean his name is not on the list?"

"Ah my apologies, I must have misspoken. I looked at the list of hunters that will attend the raid. Choi Jong-In, Ma Dong-Ook, Baek Yoon-Ho, Cha Hae-In, Im Tae-Gyu, Min Beong-Gu. These six people will attend the raid four days later."

"No way... there's no way chief Go Gu-Hee would let out a skilled S-rank hunter in this raid..." Goto said in disbelief.

"Well, no matter there are already 16 S-rank hunters in this raid. There shouldn't be any problem." 

"Yeah... I was overthinking things. I'll contact you during the raid." Goto had ominous feelings about the raid but chose to ignore them.

"Alright."

...

"Mutants being born and taking over their predecessor. We call this evolution, what you see right now are the ants in the first and the second raid, when it first appeared, it crawled on the ground. If you look at it from the outside, it just looks like a massive ant. However this image was taken during the third raid." The host changed the channel to show an ant with longer legs.

"The ants, like humans, can walk on two legs and have smaller heads, meaning that they are more agile. They were able to use the four extra limbs like hands."

"This change happened in two years. And this is the most recent, where it causes havoc in Japan. Where it looks even more like a human and has wings on its back.

"That thing can fly?" A guest from the TV news asked.

"Yes, as you say. That is one of the reasons why the Korean hunters have joined this fight."