Chapter 50: Final Confrontation 3

Seung-Eun rushed forward toward Jin-Woo, swinging his sword with such force that the tip of the blade created a deep crater on the ground. Jin-Woo reacted swiftly, leaping back to avoid the attack, and then landing and skidding through the mud.

'I need to get closer.'

Not backing down, Jin-Woo charged forward with a dagger in each hand. Their blades clashed and sparks flew, the metallic clang echoing through the battleground. Seung-Eun blocked the attack with his sword, not allowing the dagger to reach his skin. He struck his sword downward and Jin-Woo lost his grip on his dagger.

As they clashed, Seung-Eun managed to graze Jin-Woo's shoulder, causing blood to spurt out.

[Skill 'Dominator Touch' has been activated.]

Jin-Woo activated the skill, creating a blue aura around his fist that momentarily immobilized Seung-Eun. Jin-Woo took advantage of the opening and punched Seung-Eun in the face, sending him flying several meters away.

Seung-Eun landed on the ground and spat out blood in his mouth.

"How is it? I hope the punch knocks out the nonsense in your head," Jin-Woo smirked, clearly looking satisfied that he managed to let out a little bit of his frustration.

"You have to do more than that," Seung-Eun was unfazed and returned the smile, causing Jin-Woo's smile to fade away. "Now, round two."

The long sword came dangerously close to Jin-Woo's neck, grazing it just enough to draw a thin line of blood. Jin-Woo's heart pounded in his chest as he felt the cold metal brushed against his skin. Reacting swiftly, he twisted his body and shifted to the side, narrowly avoiding the attack.

As Seung-Eun's kick landed on Jin-Woo's abdomen, he was sent crashing to the ground, the impact knocking the wind out of him. He struggled to regain his balance, but before he could stand properly, Seung-Eun's swift attack sliced through his arm, severing it from his body.

"Is that all you got? Round two goes to me then."

Pain shot through Jin-Woo as he gritted his teeth, trying to suppress the agony. He took out the potion from the inventory and drank it until the bottle was empty. The wound on his shoulder began to close, and a new arm slowly materialized, regenerating from the severed limb.

'He's not holding back. He could have ended me right there but decided to cut my limb instead. If he's planning to take his time, then I have to take the chance to find his weakness quickly.'

"As expected of someone who controlled the system."

"Hyung ah, I'm simply a normal human and a hunter like you. Of course I am not omnipotent. You don't have to give up on the idea that you can beat me."

Seung-Eun shrugged. 'I know you wouldn't give up, though. You're the type of person that will always try your best til the end.'

Jin-Woo frowned. "Are you saying that the system chose you?"

"Hm... not exactly right. You shouldn't think of the system as a third party. But if you insist on thinking that way, then yes, the same way that the system picked you to be a player, it picked me to be its administrator." Seung-Eun paused.

"Rather than that, since the moment I was born, this universe has been the whole cause for my existence."

'After a long time of thinking, I finally understood one thing. The reason I reincarnated into this world was... to be your strength.'

However, there was no need for Jin-Woo to know.

"It's boring to talk. Especially, to someone I'm going to kill."