Chapter 46: The Ant King 1

"Urgh... I can't believe the last conversation I had with my father was whether or not he ate dinner..." The sole A-rank hunter looked down, avoiding looking at the gigantic ant monster trying to attack him from above. "I should have talked with him more." He tightly closed his eyes, but then he heard a piercing sound.

A sword had sliced through the ants as he looked up.

...

"Because of one ant... all of the S-rank hunters are getting killed? Just what the hell is this turn of events...?" the director grabbed his head in anguish.

Several monitors in the room displayed the view of the dungeon and the S-rank hunters from the camera the A-rank hunter had with him.

"Chief! Due to the flood of calls from viewers, our communications network is about to die!"

"So what?! Are you telling me you want me to continue broadcasting our hunters getting ripped apart live on TV?!" he sighed, "It's over... we're done for."

"Chief! Some anonymous figure appeared at the scene just now!"

"Huh...? WHat do you mean by that...?!" The director immediately looked at the monitor.

"T-take a look at this, sir..."

"Oh... my god. I can't believe this." the director gasped. "Hurry and get the broadcast running again!"

"Huh?! But if we start the broadcast right now, then the coverage we'd be getting will all be live! If an emergency situation were to occur, we won't be able to deal with it!"

"We already stopped our broadcast once, so things can't get any worse than this. Nothing will stop us now! Turn the broadcast back on, no matter what!"

...

There were Igris, Iron,Tusk and other shadow monsters. Standing in front of the shadow army's hulking soldiers was Jin-Woo.

[Skill]

Shadow Exchange, Level 1

Class-specific skill

No mana cost

You are able to switch places with your shadow soldier. After using this skill, there is a 3-hour cooldown before you are able to use it again. The cooldown is dependent on the level of his skill.

You are able to use this skill again in 2 hours, 59 minutes, and 47 seconds.

"Iron."

"ROAAAR!"

[Iron's skill, 'Taunt' has been used.]

"Good job." Jin-Woo praised the soldier.

The ants charged at Jin-Woo with greater intensity. They surrounded him, their deadly stingers ready to strike and their razor-sharp mandibles snapping.

[Item]

Item: The Demon King's Dagger

Obtain rank: S

Type: Dagger

Attack: +220

This dagger was obtained from the Demon King, Baran. By equipping both 'The Demon King's Dagger', a set effect will be applied.

Set effect: 'Two For One':

Each dagger attack will have the same STR of the holder's stats applied to it.

Jin-Woo moved like a shadow, slashing through the ants with each swing of his dagger. The ants screeched in agony as they fell one by one in front of him. Tusk, the mage orc, positioned himself in front of the other hunters, as if to protect them, as the combat against the ants raged on.