Chapter 11: Pawns

"Hae-Seong!" The said male halted his footsteps and turned around to the source of the voice.

A girl around his age was running in the hallway with a book in hand. She quickly passed it towards him before dashing off to meet with another two girls waiting on the corner of the wall. They giggled before disappearing from his sight.

"Huh?" Hae-Seong looked at the red book on his hand. There was a yellow
sticky note and a single word 'fighting!'. With a questioning look, he put it away and read the title, 'How to Be an Expert Playboy'.

Hae-Seong's face became gloomy.

---

After a week of staying in the hospital, Seung-Eun could finally take off the cast and the thick gauze around his head. The secret behind the fast recovery wasn't because of his regeneration but taking health potion  from the system every two days. Although it was possible to recover 100% of his health with one potion, he didn't want to arouse suspiciousness from the people around him.

The doctors had to do second check up in bewilderment before reluctantly letting him go. They could only conclude that it was some sort of unexplainable abilities of a Hunter to be able to recover this fast.

Se-Yoon picked him up from the hospital and then dropped him off at their apartment using his car. Since the older man used his lunch break and needed to go back to work, Seung-Eun was left alone together with the quietness of the place.

After taking care of his stuff, he opened the translucent blue window to do a daily check up on the protagonist. Jin-Woo didn't visit him earlier, presumably, he was working in a Dungeon.

True to his guess, Jin-Woo was inside a hollow tunnel together with other Hunters. One of them was dressed in a suit and leather shoes and three were wearing orange uniform, notably used by inmates. There was also Song Chi-Yul, Seung-Eun's teacher in swordman ship. The rest look normal.

It wasn't uncommon for inmates to reduce their sentences by serving in the Dungeons so Seung-Eun didn't pay any head towards it. If anything happened to Jin-Woo, and when his life was below certain percentage, he would get transported to another safe place.

This system given for the mission had many access including showing the location of uncleared Dungeons. They were ranged with colours. Blue means E, green means, D, orange means C, yellow means B, red means A, and black means S rank. The last one was rare to appear. Though, the system was impressive, the consequence was also horrifying.

The destruction of this world...

Even Seung-Eun fell sick for a week after hearing the news.

Beside that, it could open a portal that can teleport him to any places around the world. It was almost similar to the Gate that connected the human world to Dungeons.

Using this advantage, Seung-Eun opened a portal on the floor which showed another ground and a cherry blossom tree. He expertly stepped on the branch and closed the portal before hopping down with a small 'thud'. The soft pink leaves rustles and swayed gently in the air.

The surrounding showed an open place; old buildings, few people walking on the pavement and cars that occasionally passed by on the road. Two vehicles were parked on the side road. One of them was a van while the other was a small black car. Near it was a short female worker with a bob-hair cut.

Seung-Eun approached her and asked, "Is there any Dungeon here? My friend entered it a while ago."

"Yes, who is your friend?"