Chapter 53: Farewell (End)

"Eomma, oppa!"

Jin-Woo woke up from his turbulent dream.

Amongst numerous students in the hall, he could see Jin-Ah dressed neatly, with a robe and mortarboard hat approaching him and their mother.

He smiled slightly, and the cameramen and reporters that were trying to get into the school gate immediately flashed their cameras and captured his smiling face.

"South Korea's National Hunter is attending the graduation ceremony of his sister!"

"Oppa, you are too famous here." Jin-Ah sighed. "Look. Everyone at school keeps on telling me that they want to take a picture with you. It's annoying but I couldn't refuse directly or else they wouldn't stop bothering me."

"A lot of people like my son, huh."

The students and their parents looked at the trio with anticipation.

They hired a cameraman and took a picture together, and then Jin-Ah went to Song-I and her other friends.

Jin-Woo looked around him and then his attention was caught by three peculiar students.

"Ahhh, I really miss him!" Girl 1 sobbed as she used Girl 2's shoulder to wipe her snot.

Girl 3 approached them while holding a portrait of a blonde person. When she had arrived at the ceremony with it, the framed picture was almost snatched away by the principal and she had to wrestle him in order to protect it.

She teared up and opened her arms and crashed on the two girls. They were graduating.

"Ever since he was gone, Hae-Seong never attended school again."

"Life is too painful to go on without the most important person by your side."

"Hwan Jae also became depressed and kept on looking at Seung-Eun's empty seat."

Jin-Ah returned back to her family and noticed that Jin-Woo was looking at the three girls.

"Where is he? I have prepared a present for him."

Jin-Ah looked at the carefully wrapped small box in his hand. She swallowed the lump in her throat.

"Oppa..."

"Jin-Woo, didn't you say that you have work to do at Ahjin guild?"

Jin-Woo looked at both his mother and sister. "I'm sorry. I'll be going first."

Jin-Woo went to the Ahjin guild, where he met Jin-Ho and went through his usual day. As he sat at his desk and glanced at the gloomy sky outside, he realized something.

"I thought Seung-Eun said that he would visit the guild this afternoon. He's late," he said with a hint of concern.

Jin-Ho tensed up as he looked up from the paperwork, "Hyung-nim, that..."

"What is it?"

"It's nothing."

Jin-Ho smiled bitterly.

Later, when Jin-Woo returned home, Seung-Eun was still nowhere to be seen. The sky remained gloomy, with rain starting to fall.

As he walked, he unexpectedly met Se-Yoon, who had just walked out of the apartment building. Without warning, Se-Yoon threw a punch towards him, and Jin-Woo didn't attempt to dodge, letting the punch hit him.

"What's the meaning of this?" Jin-Woo asked calmly.

Se-Yoon's face was contorted with anger. "Bastard! You fucking murderer."