Chapter 18: Enigma

As far as Haeseong knew, Seungeun had never accepted any invitations to anyone's home. Even with their current situation here, he didn't tell him prior that they were going to his house since he was afraid that his invitation would get rejected again.

Haeseong had always been observant towards him, so he would know the little signs that Seungeun showed when he was lying.

He couldn't help but felt uncomfortable. So, he asked, "What does he look like?"

Seungeun didn't notice the abnormal change of expression and replied nonchalantly, "You met him in the hospital before, he regularly visited me when I was hospitalized."

"That was him? What's his name?"

Back then, he'd meet another visitor which was a man on the age of twenties. The man wasn't talkative so they only talked once and the conversation was very short.

"Jinwoo."

Since Seungeun didn't say anything more about the man, then, Haeseong didn't ask him any further. He had his own methods to figure things out.

The two of them entered the modern house and immediately heard a pair of footsteps scurrying from the stairs.

It was Haeseong's younger brother, Hyunsu, that greeted them first.

"Seungeun hyung! Why are you here? Did you come to draw with me? But we're going to go out soon..." His voice was very charming.

The last time they met each other was in the hospital. After that, they usually discussed about their drawings through messages and video calls. For some reason, he wasn't allowed to meet Seungeun.

Hearing this, Haeseong scoffed mentally and said to himself, 'That's the reason I bring him here right now.'

Seungeun smiled and greeted back, "Hello, Hyunsu. It's also nice to meet you. Why don't you ask your brother? He was the one that brought me here."

Haeseong glanced at him from the corner of his eyes and replied, "I wouldn't have resolute to this if you haven't been rejecting my invitation."

Seungeun raised his eyebrows in confusion. "Ah? You had only invited me once."

At that time, he was busy doing the mission, so he had rejected his invitation. But he didn't know that his reply would make Haeseong to get triggered and didn't dare ask him out again.

Haeseong pretended not to hear him.

Another one of his siblings also came downstairs to look at the commotion. The girl was around fourteen years old. Seeing a stranger in their house without notice, she gave Haeseong an angry look before she walked away into the kitchen.

The two siblings were dressed very nicely and from the look of it, they were about to go somewhere.

Since Hyunsu didn't receive any replies, he excitedly rushed to pull on Seungeun's wrist. "Let's go to my room! I want to show you the humanoid drawings I talked about the other day."

Haeseong was quick to grab Seungeun's other wrist and stopped the two of them.  "Weren't you the one that wanted to go out? He doesn't have the time to look at your drawing."

They finally had some time alone, how could he bear to let his little brother take advantage?

Hyunsu retorted back as he tugged the teen again, "What do you mean that he doesn't have time? It won't even take a minute for Seungeun hyung look."

"No, don't make trouble. Mom and dad is already getting ready." Haeseong's excuse was lame as he pulled his friend to his side.

When the two siblings' mom and dad entered the living room, they saw a scene where their sons were pulling a pitiful boy in the middle. The boy also saw them and gave a dumbfounded smile.