Chapter 33: Shadow

"Hunters from the monitoring division are here."

"Why are the inspectors here?"

"Something must've happened."

Woo Jin-Chul stepped out of the car and stared at the blue gate in front of him. The miners and other workers were looking at him and his subordinates curiously.

'Why did that man decide to work here as a miner? And not only for one day, but for two days. Sung Jin-Woo will soon be a renowned S-ranker. It'd be great if he was more self-aware about his actions since they may be monitored.' Jin-Chul thought.

"Ah, what caused the inspectors from the association to visit a place like this?" The mining team's leader asked.

"We heard that Sung Jin-Woo was working for the mining team here. Where is he right now?"

"That young man? Is there some sort of a problem...?"

"I knew it! He probably would've killed someone if he didn't become a hunter! When that bastard stared at me and grinned, I thought his eyes would devour me! Phew, it made my body shudder. I can still remember the feeling." A buff miner remarked. Yesterday, he was glared by Jin-Woo because he insulted Jin-Woo's rank.

"So where is Sung Jin-Woo at the moment?"

"He's... currently inside the gate. The porter didn't come to work today. There wasn't anyone to replace him, so Mr. Sung volunteered for the job. What's with everyone today?" The mining team's leader answered.

'Working as a porter after mining? What a strange fellow.' Jin-Chul thought.

"Miss Cha Hae-In was also looking for him earlier and followed him through the gate."

"Hunter Cha Hae-In as well?"

"Did he kill someone or something? He certainly looked like someone who would." The buff miner asked.

Jin-Chul pushed the sunglasses on the bridge of his nose. "You'll find out on the news tomorrow."

"See, what did I tell you guys? He's suspicious."

"He didn't seem like that kind of person..."

"Yeah, he was such a hard worker."

Jin-Chul left the miners to their thoughts and assumption as he and his four other subordinates entered the gate. As he stepped his foot into the blue gate, he was stunned.

'What?! This atrocious energy!'

"My God... I can't believe it. For a moment... I thought my body was going to rip into pieces."

"Chief... did you feel that as well? That was..."

Jin-Chul looked at the device used to measure the magical energy emitted out of the gate.

"This is?? One of the most dangerous even among the A-rank gates! The previous measurement was wrong!"

'If the attack force was formed based on the association's previous measurement, they could be in big trouble. There shouldn't be an issue with two S-rank hunters in there, but...'

"We'll go inside immediately."

Further inside the gate, Cha Hae-In stared at the corpses of High Orcs littered on the ground.

"Son Ki-Hoon's team was able to defeat this many High Orcs? How did they manage to win against this number?"

Magical energy suddenly passed through her. Her expression turned serious as she threw her cap down and tied her hair into a ponytail.