Chapter 1: A Side Character's Mission

Sung Jin-Woo, labelled as the World's Weakest Hunter, was the main protagonist in the popular manhwa called Solo-leveling. The plot revolved around a fictional world where there were Hunters, Monsters, Gates, Dungeons...

The first few chapters of Solo-leveling showed that Jin-Woo and the other Hunters were entering a supposely D-rank Gate. However, to their dismay, the Gate was in a higher rank than them and the moving statues massacred most of the Hunters. In the final moment, Jin-Woo almost sacrificed his life in order to let the remaining people alive to escape. On the verge of his death, he acquired a 'system' that changed his life onwards.

The plot then continued with Jin-Woo getting stronger with the help of the system. The system gave him plenty of missions and rewards that enhanced his abilities. From the World's Weakest Hunter, he became a National Level Hunter.

But this book wasn't about the tragic sacrifice and exciting journey of Sung Jin-Woo. No, it told the story about one of Solo-leveling's fans, Han Seung-Eun.

Han Seung-Eun regained his previous life memories when he was eighteen years old. The last memory he could recall was he was inside his bedroom and reading a manhwa called Solo-leveling. It was a tiring day for him since he had just finished working in the convenient store as a part-time job. Hence, after he landed on his bed, he continued to read the manhwa.

It was one of the most hair-raising moment when Jin-Woo fought an S-rank monster. Seung-Eun, who was too hyped, accidentally tugged on the peeled skin of the wire charger. The last thing he remembered was... he got electrocuted.

"I died... because of that?"

Before Seung-Eun could even grieved over his lame death, at the same time, a translucent light blue screen suddenly appeared in front of his eyes.

[Congratulations! You have unlocked your past memories. In this life, you are now reincarnated as a side character in Solo-leveling!]

Seung-Eun stared at the words in bewilderment. "What is this thing? I got reincarnated into Solo-leveling?" Seeing that the screen didn't show anything else after a while, he pressed on the small like arrow icon on the bottom of the screen.

[A side character's job is to help the plot moved on and became a support for the protagonist to achieve their goal. From now on, you will help Sung Jin-Woo in regaining the title of a National Level Hunter.]

"What do you mean? I didn't even have a chance to reject it?" not only did the screen ignored him, but also continued with its absurd information.

[Congratulations! You are now appointed as the administrator in the mission of Sung Jin-Woo's path to greatness!]

Before Seung-Eun could ask another question, the screen continued to reveal list of tasks and informations about the things he needed to do.

New Tasks

- Create the Protagonist's Information - In order to get know one better, people would read others' background story. In this case, analyse Sung Jin-Woo's level, abilities and skills to improve his status. Status: Incomplete

- Create a low rank Gate - The Gate connects the Earth to a world where terrifying Magic Beasts reside. The environment of the Dungeon must be suitable for Magic Beasts to survive and live in. It is advisable to analyze the available Gates first. For the informations of existing Gate, head to Another World to Gate. Status: Incomplete

- Create Magic Beasts - Magic Beasts created must be suitable according to the Dungeons they are placed in. They contain magic crystals and occasionally drop useful items. For the informations of existing Magic Beasts, head to Another World to Gate. Status: Incomplete

Seung-Eun read the tasks carefully and felt his head throbbed once again. As he closed the tab, there was another one behind it.

[This system is able to perform anything to help Sung Jin-Woo reach National Level Hunter.]

"Asking me to do all of these things, what do I even get in return?" Seung-Eun asked bitterly.

Since it didn't benefit him in any ways, Seung-Eun thought about ignoring these windows. However, he received a warning. The words shown were bright red, as if emphasizing the dangerous consequences from ignoring it.

[Warning! Failure to complete the tasks given will lead into the destruction of this world!]

Seung-Eun was stupefied at the warning. Are you saying that if I didn't do the tasks I will cause the world to get destroyed? How are the two of these related?

[Warning! The existence of this world is tied to the main protagonist! If Sung Jin-Woo did not get to be a National Level Hunter, the world and everything inside will collapse.]

For the first time in his life, Seung-Eun had the urge to tug his hair until he went bald. He was forced to do this! Does that mean he needs to move all over the world to Seoul, South Korea? He felt like whatever this was, really preposterous. Not only did he not get a chance to say anything, but the fate of this world was in both of his hands.

Seung-Eun calmed himself down and tried to be positive. After he read the last instructions, another three translucent screens appeared out of the thin air. The main screen in the middle showed a video while each one on both sides showed Sung Jin-Woo's background information. Under the main screen was a 2D keyboard.

The video showed a feeble looking man in a forest. Two ugly, green goblins attacked him simultaneously while he defended himself with a cheap blade. He fought with them for a while until lastly, he struck one of them on the head and the other on the stomach. When he was sure that the goblins died, he fell down on the ground in exhaustion.

"Isn't that Jin-Woo?" The face on the video was similar to the picture on the left screen that showed Jin-Woo's available biodata.

"Goblins are considered as the weakest monsters in a low level Dungeons but he already have difficulty fighting them." As an experienced Hunter, Seung-Eun knew several type of Magic Beasts inside the Dungeon. Seung-Eun wasn't surprised since Jin-Woo was an E-rank Hunter.

Ten years ago, some human on this earth were awakened and received special powers. These people were called Hunters and they were ranked from E to S-rank. On top of S-rank was a National Level Hunter, who defeated S-rank Gate. Now, Seung-Eun's mission was to help Sung Jin-Woo reached National Level Hunter; from the weakest Hunter to the strongest.

"But how in the world did he get recorded? The camera doesn't look like it was a CCTV and he doesn't notice it. It could even get closer to show his face." Despite the constant questions bugging inside his head, Seung-Eun didn't pursue the strange phenomenal any further. He was reincarnated in a manhwa, where the impossible became possible. In other words, anime logic.

"Have you finally lost your mind?" A deep voice resonated inside the Dungeon. The imposing man cringed at his surrounding. "How can you stay at this place for so long? I thought that something happened to you because you haven't came out for a while."

Ignoring the man, Seung-Eeun placed a hand on his chin as he stared at the other options on the screens. It seems like this system could be useful for him in the future.

The man felt his mood dampened as he got ignored by this insolent brat. "What are you staring at?"

Seung-Eun finally looked at his direction. "You can't see?"

"See what?"

Seung-Eun glanced at the screen in front of him. "No, nevermind."

"I should bring you to a psychologist."

Seung-Eun instructed to close the window inside his head as he walked into the blue Gate. He was met by the blinding lights of the street lamp as he left the other world. He squinted his eyes and focused on his surrounding.

"We should move to Seoul."

The man looked at him curiously. "Seoul, South Korea? What are you planning?"

"I'm bored staying here."