Chapter 31: Behind the Scene

The High Orc that was about to attack the healer was suddenly suspended and strangled in the air, his body ripped into two pieces. The female healer stared at the bloody scene in horror.

At one side, Ki-Hoon struck the High Orc in front of him with his sword smoothly. "What? Somehow, the fight... suddenly became easier."

The hunters could finally regain back control of the situation as their attacks brought down the monsters one after another. Their spirit came back to life.

'... Blood got on me.' Jin-Woo looked down at his hand, which was holding a dagger that he used to paralyse the enemies.

'The hunters here including Son Ki-Hoon are all elites selected by the Hunters guild as well as being considered the national's finest. It's not like I don't believe in them, but High Orcs aren't monsters that can be taken lightly.'

'The female healer almost died earlier.'

'I can't sit still and watch them die!'

[You leveled up!]

'I can raise my level by just supporting the party? I didn't know this. I probably could have raised another level if I had decided to kill them all on my own. But since the Hunters guild paid huge amounts of money for this dungeon's permit, I shouldn't interfere too much.'

'This is the best I can do for them.'

"Is it over?"

"D-did we win?"

"Is anyone hurt? As long as you're still breathing, our A-rank healers can treat you!"

"I can't believe there was a gang of High Orcs..."

"We're fortunate that none of us died."

Jin-Woo returned back to stand at the back of the group, carrying the luggage with a poker face.

One of the mage in the team narrowed her eyes at him. 'That porter... He must think that our attack force members are fools. There's no way skills like stealth will go unnoticed with magic casters around.'

"Hey, Ki-Hoon oppa... When we were fighting just now..." The female healer explained about the High Orc that was about to attack her earlier.

"A High Orc was suddenly ripped apart while being suspended in the air? You're saying that someone secretly used magic?" Ki-Hoon repeated the story in confusion.

"That's right!"

"Hey Gina, was it you?"

The blonde-haired woman, also a mage, crossed her arms and replied, "That's not possible with my skill set. I could barely stop their movements with my telekinesis magic. We also don't have anyone that can use curse magic here. Our force is focused on firepower so we don't have any assassins either."

"Unnie is right. If there was someone who could do that, it'd be an outsider." The mage that detected Jin-Woo's skill said.

"Thank goodness. If I had summoned another creature, I would've ran out of mana and passed out."

"You guys are right. The High Orcs were definitely... acting weird during the later half of the fight. Enough to finish them off without any problem." Ki-Hoon said.

"Leader, are we going to continue?"

"Won't it be too dangerous?"

"We aren't too far from the entrance and we already encountered a gang of High Orcs... there could be something dangerous more up ahead."