Chapter 28: Re-evaluation

Sitting next to Jinwoo, a man bit his thumb's nail in anxiety. "I'll receive a down payment if I can get into a big guild. I can pay off my debt. I'll be able to live with my daughter like in the past. C-rank. I'll at least get C-rank."

A few minutes later, the man that spoke to Jinwoo earlier came out of the room with his spirit flying out of his mouth. "I... I'm an E-rank..."

"The next person can come inside." The worker announced and approached the muttering man beside Jinwoo. "Are you feeling ill?"

"No, it's not that. I'm a bit nervous right now, so... would you like to enter first?"

"Sure." replied Jinwoo.

"Good luck hyung." Seungeun said as he watched the door closed behind Jinwoo.

Inside the room, the female worker began asking necessary questions and explaining the procedures.

"Your full name, please."

"It's Sung Jinwoo."

'Huh? He already received an E-rank.' She thought, looking at the information displayed on the monitor's screen. "Are you being re-evaluated?"

"Yes."

'Why is it always an E-rank when they come for a re-evaluation.'

"Please place your hand on the black crystal and wait."

Jinwoo placed his hand on the giant black ball in the room. The computer connected to it instantly showed the result of his magic power.

'Huh? An error?' She looked at the monitor in confusion. "Just a moment. We'll try again."

"Huh? This never happened before. I'm sorry. We'll try once more."

"What's wrong with this machine?"

The assistant manager coincidentally entered into the room. "What? Where is Changshik and why are you alone?"

"He left for a washroom break."

"That guy... leaving his post during the busy hours..."

'Ah, I'm also the same.' He coughed on his fist. "So, what's wrong?"

"There's something wrong with the detector." The woman pointed at the monitor screen. "Look, I keep getting an error."

'It's not just one or two people that deluded themselves and waste their money on re-evaluations.' He casually peered at the monitor before his expression instantly changed.

He gasped. "...how long have you been working here?"

"It's been about six months... Did I do something wrong?"

'Six months... this hasn't happened since Cha Hae In about two years ago, and this is the first time since then. It's not surprising that the newcomer doesn't know.' Droplet of sweat slid down his face as he muttered, "No. Get Changshik over here immediately."

"Huh?"

"The washroom isn't the important issue right now. Get him over here quickly!"

"Assistant manager? What's wrong?"

"This isn't an error. This is immeasurable. Do you not understand what that means? It means that our detector is incapable of measuring his magic power!"

"What? Then?"

"This man is south korea's 10th...!"

"That's right...."

"He's an S-rank."

.....

"Uh... with our current detector... hunter Sung Jinwoo's magic power is currently immeasurable. I need to get permission from the higher-ups to use a more precise detector. Can you visit us again after 3 days?" The worker escorted Jinwoo out of the room. His voice wasn't small so the people around them could hear him clearly.