Chapter 17: Misunderstanding

Author note: Just a reminder that half of the content of this book is about my ocs' life in solo-leveling. You can skip directly to chapter 20 if you aren't interested.

...

Seung-Eun had an ill foreboding and revealed a look of confusion on his face. "The other day?"

Se-Yoon already started typing back and didn't look like he was going to answer so Seung-Eun went to shower before he prepared dinner.

On the dining table, various dishes were served.

As they sat around the dining table, Se-Yoon gave a complicated look on the boy opposite of him.

He was an assassin type of hunter and had an ability to amplify his sense of hearing. When Seung-Eun went out at night that time, he was able to discover it by hearing the other person's heartbeat inside the apartment.

Se-Yoon also found out that Seung-Eun didn't use the door nor the window to leave. There was a vague sense that he was keeping something hidden but Se-Yoon didn't want to force the boy to tell him.

At long last, he finally said, "You sneaked out at night the other day."

Seung-Eun gave a relieved smile and replied, "I went out to buy some snacks that night."

Since he didn't give an obvious signs of lying, Se-Yoon's suspicion decreased slightly. "You went out to buy some snacks for hours?"

"Yeah, I couldn't find it in the store near our apartment so I went to the further one than here."

Se-Yoon gazed at him for a long time, trying to intimidate and make him guilty. But the other boy still didn't show any hints of nervousness.

Everything Seung-Eun was a total bullshit, and he was just good at maintaining a composed look.

Se-Yoon was still upset. "You should've at least inform me if you want to go out. Next time, don't do it again. It's dangerous to go out alone at night."

"Okay, hyung." Seung-Eun nodded in understanding.

He was a hunter, therefore, it was unlikely for him to be the victim of criminals out there, unless they were high level hunters.

Seung-Eun was obedient so Se-Yoon didn't worry too much.

"The raid that you join together with Jin-Woo ssi these days attracts the attention of Korean Hunter Association and possibly other guilds." Se-Yoon frowned as he added, "I went to investigate and found out that only Jin-Woo ssi and the son of Yoo Jin architecture's chairman that went into the gate while the rest of the hunters that came only stay outside."

He somewhat figured out that Jin-Woo already changed not only from his physical appearance but also his status as a hunter.

"I don't know what is going on, but I suggest you to stop hanging out with Jin-Woo ssi, Seung-Eun."

Seung-Eun merely stayed silent as he stared at the half eaten meal on the plate. It wasn't possible to stay far from him when his goal for transferring to Korea was because of Jin-Woo in the first place.

Se-Yoon mistook the silence as his way of grievance and tried to comfort him a bit. "It's not that I'm forbidding you to hangout with him, but I'm afraid that the past will repeat over again."

"I understand, hyung..." He didn't have the intention to stay far from Jin-Woo but hid his actions from him.

He didn't know that the reason behind Se-Yoon's worries was due to his past guilt.