Chapter 3: Welcome, Player

Seung-Eun hastened his footsteps towards Chi-Yeol, his swordsmanship teacher and one of the Hunters who entered the Gate earlier. A mage-class Hunter was treating his leftover arm.

"Teacher Song! What happened? Where is Jin-Woo?"

Chi-Yeol looked at the worried face of his student and said, "Some incident happened earlier and Sung is still inside. He sacrificed his life to let us leave..." He noticed that Seung-Eun already hurried to enter the Gate." Seung-Eun, no! Don't go inside!" However, his words fell on deaf ears.

'I hope that I'm not too late.' he thought. It'd be bad if something happened to the protagonist.

When Seung-Eun fully disappeared within the Gate, his body disintegrate into glowing yellow particles and he appeared inside a round shape room. Colossal moving statues surrounded Jin-Woo, who was lying in his pool of blood on an altar.

[Warning! Sung Jin-Woo's health is below 25%!]

[Warning! Sung Jin-Woo's health is below 20%!]

[Warning! Sung Jin-Woo's health is below 15%!]

Red windows appeared in front of Seung-Eun's eyes.

Jin-Woo tilted his head to look at the side, where he saw someone with light blonde hair in the distance. His sight was blurry from the loss of blood and his stomach was punctured. 'Is this the end?'

When the statues raised it's blade, time seemed to suddenly slowed down and a window appeared out of the thin air.

[You have completed all the necessary requirements of the secret quest 'courage of the weak'.]

[You have earned the right to become a player. Will you accept?]

[You do not have much time remaining.]

[If you refuse, your heart will stop approximately 0.02 seconds later. Will you accept?]

Jin-Woo didn't want to die. He had a mother in the hospital and a sister that was still in highschool.

'Yes... this chance... I'll take it."

[Welcome, player.]

The statues stopped moving.

As if a trigger had switched inside them, they returned back to their spot in the round shaped room. It was silent inside the Dungeon. Crimson liquid dripped down from the dangerous weapons of the monsters. Even the Dungeon boss sat down back on his seat, adjacent to the large double doors entrance.

Jin-Woo already lost his consciousness as he laid unmoving on the altar. On top of his head was his identity to Dungeon monsters.

Title: Player
Type: Human
Do not engage if player's health is below 10%.

The Double Lair collapsed and the surrounding morphed into a normal looking cave. Golden eyes glinted as they looked down at the man lying on the altar. Jin-Woo had regained back his lost foot and the wounds on his body stopped bleeding.

Several footsteps could be heard from the distance. Inspectors and White Hunter Guild rushed to find the remaining survivor and spot the two young men.