Chapter 52: Final Confrontation 5

Seung-Eun was only able to see the dark window in front of his eyes.

In his first life, he was only able to read Sung Jin-Woo's story once. It was just a random manhwa he discovered on the internet during his darkest hour--when he was living alone in that lonely apartment and struggling to survive.

In the second life, he had the opportunity to witness and guide Sung Jin-Woo as he grew to be a National Level Hunter.

He had believed that everything was a fantasy, that no one's death mattered, and that he had no place in this world. But the people that he met in this world were affecting him more than he could have imagined, and as selfish as he thought he was, he couldn't bring them down to hell with him.

'I can't even be a proper villain.'

That was the last thing he thought before the system took over him entirely and he eventually succumbed to darkness.

The crest on Lanze's hand started to burn and then it disappeared.

'The contract is over?'

When he turned to look at his sire, he noticed that his body was covered in blood.

"Sire!!" Lanze ignored the shadow creatures and changed back to his normal form. 'I have to save him.'

He rushed towards Seung-Eun. 'Even if we have to abandon the mission.'

Boom!

Tusk let forth a powerful blast that covered the battlefield in flames. The human who was lying on the ground emerged from the fire as the flames died down.

A thunderstrike boomed, illuminating Seung-Eun's silhouette against the darkened sky.

Lanze stopped moving and felt an oppressive force that made him kneel.

'What is this presence?'

"Sire?"

His stomach was still covered in blood. While looking at the monster, Seung-Eun craned his neck and made a cracking noise. He gave him a strange look, as if he were staring at an insignificant ant.

In the blink of an eye, Seung-Eun appeared in front of Lanze, palm aimed at him as if he meant to smash him to death.

"Keuk!"

Lanze was hurled several meters away from the battleground.

'What's going on? He's two times more powerful than before!' Jin-Woo was puzzled. 'Did he finally use the system? But it doesn't explain why he is attacking his own ally.'

[Emergency Quest: Kill the Enemies has been activated!]

[An emergency quest has been issued!]

[There is an entity nearby that intends to murder the 'Player'. Slay the final boss of the Jeju Island raid and ensure your safety.]

[If this quest is not completed, a death penalty will be issued as a result.]

[Enemy required to kill: 1]

"A death penalty...?"

Jin-Woo turned to look at the culprit in despair.

"Why would you go this far?"

Words that hadn't been there before appeared on top of his head.

[The King of Evildoer]

...

When Jin-Woo initially obtained the system, he wanted to grow stronger and protect his family- his mother, sister, including Seung-Eun.

'So, why are we currently battling until one of us dies?'