Chapter 24: Disaster

Before the three hunters entered the van that they used to get to the red gate, they took off their warm gloves, fur coats and boots. Jinwoo shoved them back into the system, earning a look of confusion from the two youngsters as the items disappeared.

Jinwoo placed his calloused hand on the younger's male forehead, feeling the temperature. It had increased significantly and back to normal. His previous pale complexion also turned better and regained back the original colour. "Do you still feel sick anywhere? I'll bring you to the hospital."

Seungeun was also back to his usual vibrant persona. "No, I'm okay now. Never have been this perfectly fine before."

"Okay, that's good." Jinwoo bitterly smiled as he looked at the youth's appearance. There was still dried blood on him. He pulled a towel from the system and wiped Seungeun's face diligently.

But before he could, the youth avoided him and grabbed it. "You are treating me like a child."

"You are a child."

Seungeun pouted, earning a chuckle from Jinwoo. After all was said and done, it was still him that brought the two of them here. Seeing that his mood was as lively as usual, they returned back home. Songi only watched the interaction between the two males and only thought that they were very close to each other.

Inside the car, Jinwoo thought about the failed extraction of Baruka's shadow, turning his mood ugly. Instead, he only received an item.

[Item: Baruka's dagger]
Item class: A
Type: Dagger

A dagger wielded by the great warrior, 'Baruka'. The lightweight magic enchantment will make the wielder more agile.

Attack +110
Agility +10

When they reached Songi's home, Seungeun briefly waved at her from inside the car before they continued the ride again.

Songi had arrived home safely, the red gate had been cleared and Jinwoo was perfectly fine. But for some reason, he felt an ominous premonition that made him anxious.

'Is it because of those people earlier...? But there's no difference than what I have been doing.' The feelings of guilt made him realised that he also changed a bit. But it only lasted for temporary.

"Are you okay?"

Seungeun turned his head to look at the man on the driver's seat. The lamp from behind him made his half of his upper face shrouded in darkness, his expression could intimidate people. The blue veins on his hand could be seen from gripping the steering wheel.

Seungeun felt like Jinwoo was angry about something but didn't know why. So he continued to act oblivious. "I'm fine, really. The item you gave me is very good. Did you get it from a dungeon?"

"...yes." Jinwoo was reluctant to ask the question in his mind. He was still upset at himself that he didn't search for the youth and they were lucky enough he was still alive.

The team of high level hunters were almost completely wiped out, leaving Seungeun and the captain only. The captain was the highest rank while the other was the lowest in the team.

'Did he get separated from them and luckily didn't encounter any ice elves?'

"Aren't you going to ask about earlier?" Jinwoo asked.