Chapter 36: The Plan

Soon, the Association homesite was updated. The citizen were in uproar about the new S-rank hunter. It had only been few days since an S-rank hunter came out and now there was a new one. Where did the emergence of high ranker came from?

"Seung-Eun hyung! He's an S-rank hunter? Hyung, do you believe it?" Hyun-Su read the headline on the TV as he shouted excitedly at his brother. 

Hae-Seong straightened his lips. His legs had already miraculously healed after he left Seung-Eun's apartment. Since then, they hadn't met each other and Seung-Eun didn't attend school anymore.

The difference between a normal human and a hunter is too big.

[The youngest S-rank hunter in Korea.]

He couldn't help but laugh in self-deprecation.

...

The guild leaders immediately came to the Association to inquire about the shocking news. Gu-Hee pinched his temple as he handled the matter with a headache.

The same day, they held a meeting about the Jeju Island amongst the higher ups of the Association.

"That's all the footage of the aunt caught by the black box." Chief Woo Jin-Chul pointed at the screen, showing a picture of the monster. "The mutant ant that infiltrated the island was eliminated within a day. The mutant ant was also discovered on a small island close to where it was eliminated. It must've moved away after finishing the hunt there. Thanks to the hunters who answered the emergency call-up, they were able to eliminate the threat."

The atmosphere in the conference room was grim.

"Casualties among the hunters are four E-rank hunters, one D-rank healer and one C-rank leader. The decisive factor in eliminating the mutant ant was an A-rank hunter that joined in late."

"To be brief, in order to kill one mutant ant, we need the strength of at least one A-rank hunter." One of the Association's member stated.

"The number of civilians killed by the attack was 294. And the numbers of dispatched hunters was 108. Since the mutant ant can fly and has the ability to sense danger and escape, Japan's hunter association evaluated that the dispatched number was not an excessive amount."

"Japan is one of the most advanced countries in Asia in terms of the hunter system. And for Japan to have this many casualties, what would happen if the mutant ants were to fly over to South Korea..."

"Just like Japan, our nation has a lot of islands. And we can't afford to monitor all of them..."

"The island that was attacked is 150 kilometers away from Jeju Island. If the Ant can fly that far, and not just to the coastal provinces, it means they can at least fly to Mokpo." Gu-Hee interrupted solemnly.

"That means if the mutant ants were to fly in another direction, they could easily reach Jindo Island our Wando county!"

"They're more like a bee than ant."

"South Korea doesn't have the manpower like Japan to dispatch hunters to every island."

"Even if we were to dispatch one or two low-rank hunters, they would just become food!"

"What a headache."

...

'This man is... the only hunter that can rival Liu Zhiang in Asia.' Gu-Hee thought.

 'Ryuji Goto.'

'He's definitely no ordinary man.'

There were currently 21 S-rank hunters in Japan and 11 of them were part of Ryuji Koto's guild 'Draw Sword'. Unlike the structure of South Korea with 5 different guilds competing with each other, a single guild possesses all the authority  there. There was no question that his guild was the biggest one in Asia after the guild in china.

"My name is Hanekawa and I will be in charge of translating." A woman dressed in formal attire standing to Koto said. "I will relay Ryuji-san's words from here on out."

"Due to the disaster that occurred a few days ago, we have decided that we can no longer neglect Jeju Island anymore. Hence, we promise our full-pledged support to South Korea."

'Full-pledged support?' 

"In short the reason why I came here is... how about we unite and create and allied force composed of elite hunters?"

'Allied force?!'

"Are you saying that you would like to create an allied force and attack the ant colony?" Gu-hee asked in skepticism. 

"That's right."

"I know that Japan's top hunters are excellent but it's dangerous to enter Jeju Island."

"Since it's an S-rank gate we have prepared a suitable plan for it." Koto replied calmly.

"This is the data we collected from investigating the ants. Each ants is as strong as a top rank hunter, but they have a fatal weakness, lifespan. The ants have life a span of 1 year."

Koto continued, "In others words, if we can eliminated the queen, all the other ants will die naturally after a year and Jeju Island will be free of their presence. "

'Only have to eliminate the queen ant... it may seem more realistic than eliminating every ant on the island. But getting rid of a single queen ant is no different than eliminating thousands of soldier of ants." Gu-Hee thought.

"Don't you know that ants are willing to die for their queen?'

"Of course we will have to break through a defensive line of thousands of ants. But the tides will change if all of them were to leave their ant tunnel." 

"Is such a thing possible?......"

...

As the Japan's hunter was escorted out of the building by Gu-Hee and Jin-Chul, they met with the person that had became a hot topic in the country. 

"It's been a long time."

"If it isn't the government's untamed dog." Koto ridiculed. "A dog that bit it's own master's hand."

Standing under the hot sun, Seung-Eun smiled slightly. "That's why one should always watch their back."

"Anyway, how is the meeting?"

Koto's face immediately changed. "Hunter Han only recently became an S-rank hunter so it wouldn't be a good choice to bring him along. I'm afraid that..."

Gu-Hee looked at the two people in dispute and hesitated. 

Koto sneered silently but remained polite outside. "It's better to think wisely."

Gu-Hee watched as Koto and his assistant left the building, before he turned to greet Seung-Eun. "Hunter Han, is there anything that you need?"

Seung-Eun stared at him for a while. "It's nothing. I just want to piss off the old man."

.

.

.

.

.

A/N ; It's been three months since the last time I updated? (;_;) I'm so sorry I'll try to motivate myself but it's so hard to write when you're no longer using Wattpad to read.