Chapter 22: Ice Elves

Seungeun silently gazed at his palm that was covered in blood of the hunters. His hands had taken many innocent lives and at the same time used it to touch the closest people around him in affection.

If they knew, what would they think of him?

'Ah, of course a cold-blooded monster.'

He was only disguising himself as a human but under the skin was a sickening monster that was no different from the monsters that hunters killed. But even so- even if he knew everything is wrong, even if he had crossed the fine line between good and evil, he thought that it was alright. As long as the people he love didn't know what he was doing, then it was alright. He would carry the atrocious secrets and evil deeds until he was buried under the grave rather than to have them disdained him.

Seungeun shook off the intrusive thoughts and let the hand fell back on his side.

The boss monster, a Hyakki, cocked his head as he looked at him with narrowed eyes. In the eyes of these monsters, the youth was only a cloud of black smoke, swirling and twisting with no definite physical entity. A bar above this whatever called unknown creature, was labelled 'administrator'.

None of them knew the origin of him and yet they obeyed every single of his command without any hesitation. Even if he told them to jump into the pit of hell fire, they would straight ahead do so- similar to the voices inside their head that told them to kill humans.

The boss monster soon joined the rest of his race.

Seungeun puffed out a cloud of white smoke and entered the forest, using a map on the window to find another direction to follow Kimchul.

If there was anything that he figured out with the way the mission work, it was that, almost everything is going the same as the original manhwa. There was a little change made by his participations, such as the C-rank gate raid together with the private raid Hwang Dongsuk and also the current Red Gate. But the mission didn't give him any warnings or restrictions, hence, he was free to do so.

He only needed to create the same monsters, dungeons and provided the things the main protagonist needed to increase his power.

The smell of iron lingered the air. He wiped the bloodstains from his cheek and changed back his title. 'Right, I didn't tell Jinwoo that Hwang Dongsu is here.'

......

Jinwoo's group was doing fine since he could purchase items from the shop to survive the days. He also didn't forget to do 'Daily Quest' beside gaining more shadows from resurrecting the dead ice bears.

Jinwoo crossed his arms and leaned his back against a tree, watching the other hunters sitting around the campfire. They were covered from head to toe in thick clothing, their laps covered in blankets. Their expressions weren't like that of people that were trapped in a dungeon- a Red Gate on top of that, and could possibly meet their deaths anytime. They were talking lightheartedly.

Contrast to them, Jinwoo didn't feel the slightest comfort despite wearing a calm expression. His friend- that he secretly consider as little brother- was in the other team and they didn't have the advantage as the hunters here had right now; cooked foods, boiled drinks, warm clothing and a comfortable place to sleep.

"These guys... you fuckers!" A loud, rough voice disturbed their peaceful moment. Kimchul walked out of the woods, his face distorted in anger as he looked at the people that rest leisurely.

"Kimchul? How did you get here?!"

"My attack force has been wiped out due to lack of food and equipment! But how do you guys have all these supplies?!"