Chapter 49: Final Confrontation 2

[Warning! The host is not allowed to share any information related to the system.]

[Warning! The host is not allowed to let the main protagonist gain 'consciousness'.]

[Warning!......]

[Warning!......]

[......]

[...]

Multiple overlapping windows appeared in Seung-Eun's field of vision. He could imagine, if the system had emotions, then it would be yelling at him in anger right now.

"What?" Jinwoo widened his eyes in disbelief.

Seung-Eun replied with a smile. "That's right. I'm the one who controls the system."

"What are you saying...?"

Jin-Woo searched for any sign that this might be a joke- if he was trying to scare him.

'Impossible. There's no way.'

However, the person standing in front of him didn't laugh and said that he was making a prank.

"I thought I saw you back in the Double Dungeon when I was at death's door. So I wasn't wrong."

He could still remember the pain and terror he went through in the dungeon, where his stomach was punctured as he laid on the altar and the system that had suddenly appeared, asking whether he wanted to live.

"There were so many people out there... Why was I chosen as the player?"

"Not everyone is as fascinating as you, hyung. The story would be uninteresting if the main character was not obsessed with power. Nobody would read it."

Seung-Eun replied casually as though he was talking about the weather but Jin-Woo that heard him only felt himself succumbing to despair.

The person he had come to trust and rely on turned out to be the mastermind behind the system, deceiving him all along, and manipulating him into becoming a player in a grand scheme.

"Seung-Eun ah... so from the beginning, when you approached me..."

But if he gave it some thought, Seung-Eun was trying so hard to get closer to him right away when he first met him. At first, he was skeptical and kept his guard up, but he was getting accustomed to it and eventually, when they went into the dungeons together and shared life and death, he had accepted him as someone that he could completely trusted.

But now, confronted with the revelation that Seung-Eun was the one behind the system, manipulating him and the world around him, Jin-Woo felt a mix of emotions. Anger, betrayal, and confusion washed over him.

"Yes, I have been using you from the moment I met you."

"..."

'Unbelievable.'

When he heard that Seung-Eun was joining the Jeju Island raid, he was constantly worried, but in the end, all of his worries were useless. He was worried about someone that had been using him.

"What about the Gates...? And all these monsters?"

The system was able to create a Gate that only he was able to enter.

'The Gates that appeared all over this world, is he... the one who made it?'

"It must be fun for you to watch me struggle this whole time."

"I have never seen you this upset."

Seung-Eun had never seen Jin-Woo this angry before- even in the manhwa.