Chapter 51: Final Confrontation 4

Boom!

Seung-Eun blasted away the shadow monster attacking him.

"Tsk. It's never-ending."

It took less than three seconds for it to reappear.

Igris lunged forward with his sword, while Iron charged in with his shield.

Seung-Eun avoided Igris's strike and disarmed the knight, sending his sword flying through the air. Meanwhile, Iron's shield slammed down but Seung-Eun sidestepped the attack and threw a punch at Iron's side. The tank lurched back, its armor dented from the impact.

While Seung-Eun's attention was briefly focused on the attacks from all directions, Jin-Woo seized the chance in that split second. He leaped forward, his dagger blade slicing through the air and landing on Seung-Eun's back.

"Ugh..."

Despite the wound, Seung-Eun spun around quickly, his sword flashing through the air, cutting through Jin-Woo's clothes and leaving a large slash on his chest.

"Heh, how many rounds has it been? I lost count after the third round."

Jin-Woo drank another bottle of potion and then threw it away.

"When we raided an E-rank gate together for the first time, I noticed that your movements were unlike those of a newbie when it came to killing monsters."

"Ah, so you noticed? You're quite sharp, hyung. I thought I was pretty good at acting." Seung-Eun replied nonchalantly.

"I've had my suspicions since you first appeared in my life, when you arrived on our team together with the Ice Elves in the Red Gate, and... when Hwang Dong-Su mysteriously disappeared."

"You should have trusted your gut."

"Yeah, it's my mistake to trust you." Jin-Woo cracked a wide smile, expressing a mix of rage, grief, and hatred.

The two hunters charged at each other again, their swords colliding.

'He has been killing my shadows for 77 times. Igris and Iron can not only create an opening, but they can also deplete his stamina. My dagger can reach him more frequently. He's slowing down.'

Seung-Eun, unlike him, did not have regeneration, and he was fighting alone against the three of them.

'It's a mistake for you to underestimate me!'

If Seung-Eun was the cause of the Gates that appeared all over the world, then he was a threat to mankind.

Jin-Woo plunged his dagger forward, but Seung-Eun flipped in the air, evading the attack, and with his hand facing Jin-Woo's head, magic was gathering at his palm.

Jin-Woo's eyes widened, but before he could respond, a searing fire shot from another direction toward the two of them. He moved his body instinctively to dodge the attack, the flames burning the air where he had been only moments before.

[Tusk has used skill: 'Hymn of the Free Dragon'.]

As the dust settled, Seung-Eun remained standing at the same spot, his form unscathed and surrounded by a thin, golden barrier. The surrounding area, on the other hand, was a different story, scorched and burned by the impact of the powerful flames.

Seung-Eun's voice cut through the air as he looked at the culprit. "Tsk, what an annoying thing."

'I can't use my shield again since my mana is getting depleted rapidly if I use it for too long.'

Tusk, who had been fighting Lanze, used the Orb of Avarice and shot a massive beam of fire from his mouth towards them.

"I apologize for my carelessness, sire." Lanze immediately slayed the shadow monster.