Chapter 48: Final Confrontation 1

[What happens once I have finished the mission?]

[The host will die.]

[Why? Even though I saved the world.]

[That's the payment for the host's reincarnation.]

[Reincarnation, you say? HAHAHA! What a load of bullshit! I didn't lead a good life and I still need to pay for it.]

[Hahahahahaha!]

[So cruel...]

[But I guess there's nothing free in this world.]

[I was able to watch him grow and support him silently.]

[It's enough.]

[If that's the case, then I will create the best ending.]

[An ending where he will be revered by all,]

[...even if I have to be the villain.]

[Mission progress: 99%]

...

As the thunder struck in the distance and the rain continued to pour, a group of high-ranking hunters stood on one side, facing a single hunter.

"Hunter Han, what do you mean by that?" Yoon-Ho asked with a frown.

Jong-In couldn't help but say, "This is not the time to be joking around. There are still other ant monsters here."

'Although he did say he was planning something, I didn't expect it to be this... crazy. What is he thinking?'

"Haha, calm down guys. I think Hunter Han is just joking." Dongwook tried to lighten the atmosphere with a forced laugh.

"I don't know about you guys, but this is my first time meeting him," Tae-Gyu muttered with a wry smile.

But the tension in the air refused to dissipate, and Jong-In turned to Jin-Woo who was silent the whole time.

'The two of them are close with each other... but it seems like hunter Sung Jin-Woo is also surprised. What's going on with these two people?'

'There are a total of seven of us right now. But Cha Hae-In is unconscious, the A-rank hunter wouldn't be able to face an S-rank hunter and Sung Jin-Woo is close to hunter Seung-Eun... only four of us can fight him.'

'Because he didn't fight with The Ant King, I don't know how strong he is.'

'Did he purposely wait for us to finish the raid before trying to kill us?'

Seung-Eun pulled out the sword from the scabbard on his waistband.

"You don't need to know why. There's no use explaining to people who are going to die anyway."

Seung-Eun launched the first attack, rushing forward toward the hunters, and swung his sword downward. The ground shook as a crater formed where the hunters had stood just moments ago. Everyone quickly evaded the attack, including the A-rank hunter who was swiftly grabbed by the scruff of his neck by Yoon-Ho.

"How unfortunate," Seung-Eun muttered in disappointment.

'So fast! I barely manage to dodge with the skin of my teeth.'

Jong-In retorted in irritation. "If I knew this is what you were planning, I wouldn't have let you join the raid."

"Do you like the surprise?"

Jong-In only became more angry and cautious.

"Hey, why is he attacking all of a sudden?" Tae-Gyu asked while getting his bow and arrows ready.