Chapter 30: High Orcs

By the time Jin-Woo went together with Seung-Eun for re-evaluation, he had already attracted the White Tiger guild, Hunters guild, and Korean Hunter Association. But according to the data of the original world setting, he wouldn't join any of them and instead used his E-rank license that hadn't been updated to join the mining team.

The mining team consisted of low level hunters and they were deployed in high rank gates, usually A-rank to collect mana and magic crystals after the attack force of Hunters cleared the gate except for the boss monster. After that, the attack force would finish it, closing the gate completely.

The first time Jin-Woo had started working, everything went smoothly and they had even finished early because he worked fast. Hunters guild had their attack force split into two, A and B-team to clear A rank dungeons, hence known as the strongest guild in South Korea. A-team consisted of two S-rank hunters, the guild leader Choi Jong-In and hunter Cha Hae-In.

But the same thing couldn't be said on the second day Jinwoo had joined the mining team.

"Mining team, good work this morning! We'll rest for a bit then start out afternoon's work."

"Is it possible to borrow someone from the mining team? Our porter didn't show up today." Son Ki-Hoon, a hunter from the B-team attack force asked.

"They want to draft someone from the mining team as a porter?"

"There are strong guys from the collecting team that can carry heavy loads, so why are they asking us...?"

"My men had to work non-stop for 3 hours on top of skipping dinner to finish our work on time. And now you want one of us to follow you guys as a porter? My team doesn't have the power." The leader from collecting team crossed his arms in disapproval. "This is all due to the mining team finishing their work too early."

"Well, we did finish two hours ahead of schedule thanks to Mr. Sung..."

"Is there anyone who wants to come with the attack force? We'll compensate you for the risk when the raid is finished." Ki-Hoon ignored the people that said their rejection directly and asked around again.

"Listen here leader Son Ki-Hoon. We would hesitate even if it was a B-rank dungeon. Acting as a porter for an A-rank dungeon is too much. It's not a place for low-rank hunters. Even though the hunters would only be carrying your equipment... compared to mining, the risk is too high." The leader of mining team sighed, frowning. "The majority of us in mining team are D-rank hunters and there are even a few E-rank hunters here as well. A small scratch would be enough to kill us. Do you really think that people here would risk their lives for an extra bit of cash?"

Ki-Hoon still didn't give up, but his voice lowered as hopelessness sank in. "Is there... no one?"

"I will go." Jin-Woo raised his hand, startling the people in mining team.

"An E-rank hunter wants to follow them into A-rank dungeon?!"

"Mr. Sung, what are you thinking?!"

"There are powerful monsters waiting inside the dungeon. Why do you want to join them?"

"Someone young with a bright future like yourself shouldn't risk their life like this!"

The people that cared for the newcomer immediately reprimanded him.

Jin-Woo replied awkwardly. "I'll be fine. It's not like I don't have the guts."

"That man had just started working with us yesterday, he must've raised his hand without knowing." Jin-Woo's colleague persuaded Ki-Hoon.

"What's that man's rank?"

"He's an E-rank. Since his rank is too low, we should look for someone else."