➶12

➶➶➶
"Stop the clocks, it's amazing
You should see the way the light dances off your hair
A million colors of hazel, golden, and brown"
-Afterglow, Ed Sheeran
➶➶➶

➶➶➶"Stop the clocks, it's amazingYou should see the way the light dances off your hairA million colors of hazel, golden, and brown"-Afterglow, Ed Sheeran➶➶➶

*chapter twelve*

"Hey, get away from him!" April yelled, pointing her shaking finger at the drunk man standing in front of Chenle.

Chenle averted his eyes from the man in front of him, looking at her with bewilderment instead. He then seemed to recognize her, and the look disappeared to be replaced with annoyance and an eye roll.

"I'm trying to help you!" she shouted, ticked off, "Now get the fuck up and run away!"

In response, Chenle simply leaned back against the fence, cushioning the back of his hands with his arms in a relaxed position.

"What is wrong with you?" April seethed, regretting her decision to try and help him strongly.

Chenle seemed to actually pause and think about it before answering, "A lot, I think, actually."

April began ignoring him, turning her attention to the man in front of him again. He had turned around to face her with a puzzled look on his face.

April squinted, thinking she was seeing things. Then she rubbed her eyes. And then did it all over again. But nope, the sight in front of her never changed.

The man's ears had looked funny because they weren't human ears. They were horse ears. And he had been walking funny because, just like Pan, he didn't have feet, he had hooves instead. April could see little tufts of brown fur peeking out from underneath his jeans.

"I'm guessing the two of you aren't fully mortal since you're giving me that reaction," he said, his voice deep as he sighed. "It's kind of rude, you know? All that ogling. Not to mention the girl is literally glowing. We all have our weird quirks, see?"

April looked down at herself, both her and Chenle giving the horse man a puzzled look since she clearly was not glowing.

"Oh, you can't see her glowing?" he asked, his ears flopping down. "That's...that's awkward."

April and Chenle both just nodded.

"Wait, if only I can see her glowing," he started, his ears peeking back up again. "That must mean you're a full, legitimate demigod! Wow, I've never seen one before! Forgive me, I'm having a 'fan girl moment' as you mortals call it-"

April ran over to him, clamping a hand over his mouth to shut him up as she looked around them frightfully.

He said something else, but it was muffled by her hand. He then furrowed his brows, April pulling away her hand away as pain burst across it.