➶26

"Even if I pretend to be strong, it only makes me look funny
How many years will it take for me to be okay yeah
It's only going to hurt, no matter how deep I dig into my memory
I'll be the one left scarred and feeling small"
- Winter Falls, Stray Kids

➶ ➶ ➶"Even if I pretend to be strong, it only makes me look funnyHow many years will it take for me to be okay yeahIt's only going to hurt, no matter how deep I dig into my memoryI'll be the one left scarred and feeling small"- Winter Falls, Stray...

The whole bus creaked as it was lifted in one large swoop. April yelped as she fell back on Jisung, Chenle tumbling out of the seat and landing on top of her, Mark then landing on top of Chenle with a thump as the bus was lifted sideways.

"What's going on?!" April heard Jisung yell from below her but she didn't have an answer for him.

Fright snuggled its way into her heart as her stomach was left on the ground, and the bus rose higher into the air until one huge eye stared through the windshield.

The bus froze in the air.

April took the opportunity, pushing Chenle and Mark off of her with strength she didn't know she possessed. She heard Mark grunt as he hit the opposite window, heard Chenle hit the cushion of the seat he had previously been sitting on, but she didn't have time to process any of that.

She had darted up to be standing in the middle of the isle, so that the eye was staring straight at her. A shudder ran through her body as instinctual recognition passed through her mind, at the same time the eye seemed to glow red, the top furrowing down in anger.

And the eye disappeared from the windshield as the bus went shooting back towards the ground.

April fell all the way to the back of the bus, shouting as her spine hit the glass with enough impact to knock the air out of her chest. She took one wild look around the bus, trying to get a handle on what exactly was going on.

Mark and Chenle still lay in the seat she had thrown them in, but now instead of groaning in pain they were hanging on the edge of the seat for their lives, Jisung doing the same in the seat across from them. Jaemin and Jeno were hanging onto the edge of a window as the bus fell, and Renjun was currently falling through the isle and on his way to land on top of April.

April quickly rolled out of the way, not wanting to sacrifice herself as a cushion to break his fall. He slammed into the window next to her and April warily wondered how much more the window could take before it broke.

She didn't have much time to think about that though, as her mind was already formulating a plan.

"Renjun," she said, liking to think that her voice came out cool and collected, but knowing it was closer to a screech, "Didn't you say you could control the dead or something?"

"Not exactly," he answered in his own screech, "It's more like I can bargain with the dead!"

"Do you think you could get some to catch us?!"