➶23

➶➶➶
"The rain is the only to sew up the line between the sky and the sea
Taking our longing as if it were a necklace and stringing them together as raindrops
But I'd rather be alone then have you cry until your eyes turn red"
- Horizon, WayV
➶➶➶

➶➶➶"The rain is the only to sew up the line between the sky and the seaTaking our longing as if it were a necklace and stringing them together as raindropsBut I'd rather be alone then have you cry until your eyes turn red"- Horizon, WayV➶➶➶

Eventually the nurse did arrive, relieving April of staying by Chenle's side. She got up and left with a smile, some part of her not wanting to leave him, and the other part of her going into panic mode and wanting to sprint out of there for literally no reason.

Jisung had asked her a million questions with his eyes as soon as she sat down in her first class, but she'd ignored them all, waving them off with her hand. Dealing with Zhong Chenle himself had left her exhausted after all.

Though, she thought, plopping her head down on her desk, if we put aside all of my pride...it really wasn't that bad.

The Chenle she was used to was closed up and rude. He was annoying and never listened to anyone. He was terrible.

"He's really much better when he's sick," April whispered, which made Jisung look down at her weirdly from his seat next to her.

The rest of the day dragged on, Chenle being absent from every class he shared with her. April hadn't been able to focus on anything throughout the day, which was entirely unfair since she couldn't understand why she cared at all.

She walked out to the back of the school at the end of the day, meeting up with everybody else as they waited for the bus to come and whisk them away to their after school demigod training session.

"What's got you so distracted?" Jisung asked, at the end of his patience. "All day I've been cleaning up for you since so you're absent minded. I think I deserve to know why."

"What do you mean 'cleaning up' after me?" April asked, snapping out of it just before she walked into the middle of the road without looking both ways. "I haven't made any messes?"

Jisung blinked at her once before opening his mouth and letting out a string of all the things she did.

"You left your textbook in the history classroom and I had to carry it out for you, you ripped the cover off your novel book and I had to apologize and ask the teacher for a new copy, (thankfully she let it go without a fine), you never turned off the flame we used in science and almost burned down the building, you got called on in math and started talking about sunflowers and I had to shut you up-"

"Okay, okay, I get it," April said, covering her ears.

"You might feel embarrassed now, but at least you weren't aware of it during the moment," Jisung huffed, "I had to witness every part of it and save you."