➶4

➶ ➶ ➶
"Now I'm going to leave you and be me
I had worn myself out digging through my own thoughts
And now I'm going to leave you and be me
The more I let go of you the higher I fly"
- B Me, Stray Kids

➶ ➶ ➶"Now I'm going to leave you and be meI had worn myself out digging through my own thoughts And now I'm going to leave you and be meThe more I let go of you the higher I fly"- B Me, Stray Kids➶ ➶ ➶

*chapter four*

"April...the children of the twelve great Olympians...they're killed at birth. They don't get lives."

"What?" April asked, "Who kills them? And why?"

"The Gods kill them," Mark answered, not making eye contact. "And it's like Aeolus said, they'd be too powerful for this world. It'd be obvious that the Gods and Goddesses exist, and...people are scared of what they don't understand."

"That's a sick joke, Mark," April said, "You mean that they kill their own children?"

"It's the first day, April," Mark said, sighing. "We make everything pretty for you. But that's not reality. Nothing about reality is pretty. And it gets even uglier on our side of life. You'll realize that soon enough."

"But that's-"

"Do yourself a favor and don't think about this stuff yet," Mark advised, "Go join your friends. Soon your parents will claim you, and you'll really feel whole. Don't let this side of our stories effect you yet, okay?"

"Okay," April said, with a sigh.

She'd thought the information of what happened to the children of the twelve Olympians would fill up the hole in her stomach to the brim. But now she felt only a feeling of dread. She should be excited to be claimed, now she'd know who her father was at least.

But all she felt was dread and she couldn't figure out why.

Mark eyed her with suspicion from far away.

Could she be?

He thought for a moment, but shook it off.

No way.

April walked back over to her group, realizing that Jisung was missing.

"Where'd that kid go off to?" she asked, looking around her.

"Over there," Jeno said, pointing to the boy from earlier, Chenle.

She remembered how she'd felt lighter after making eye contact with him earlier, and then wrinkled her face in disgust. It probably had something to do with the whole Greek mythology thing, so she shrugged it off.