➶ 25

➶➶➶
"I've had too much to drink tonight
How did I go from growing up to breaking down?
And I wake up in the middle of the night
It's like I can feel time moving"
- Nothing New, Taylor Swift
➶➶➶

➶➶➶"I've had too much to drink tonightHow did I go from growing up to breaking down?And I wake up in the middle of the nightIt's like I can feel time moving"- Nothing New, Taylor Swift➶➶➶

"Him," April said, pointing straight at Mark who currently looked like a deer in headlights standing at the front of the warehouse.

Aeolus beamed, like he had not only been expecting it, but rather looking forward to it. Mark looked in between Aeolus and April like he had not been expecting it and definitely not looking forward to it.

"What does she- what do you mean- dangerous quest- me?" Mark sputtered, "I'm a member of the council! Shouldn't I be like, I don't know, uhm exempt from these types of responsibilities?"

"Well, at the end of the day, it's your choice," Aeolus said, shrugging his shoulders. "But like you said, you are a member of the council. You would increase a bunch of inexperienced and new demigods of their chances of survival on a severely life threatening quest. You are that powerful, after all."

"Oh no," Mark said, catching onto the twinkle in Aeolus' eyes quickly, "I'm in the prophecy, aren't I?"

"...I can't say."

The two seemed to exchange a brief mental battle, April's confidence waning. She felt so certain that Mark needed to come along, though she didn't know why. But when she heard Mark mention the word "prophecy," everything felt a tiny bit more cemented in her gut.

"Prophecy?" she asked, "Why does that make me feel better? Aren't prophecies supposed to make me feel worse? Like, I don't know, eery? Or gloomy? Or something?"

"You're the daughter of Apollo," Aeolus said, "He's also in charge of prophecies in the Olympian realm."

"Of course he is," April said, feeling like she shouldn't even ask anymore. "Anyway, care to explain?"

"Every quest comes with a prophecy," Aeolus said, "Every official quest anyway. The prophecies are issued by oracles, which are essentially controlled by Apollo. The reason you know so well who needs to come with you on your quest is because each of them are listed in this quest's prophecy. And even if you haven't heard it yet, because you're Apollo's daughter, you might have a bit of a feel to it already?"

Aeolus scratched his head like he wasn't completely sure. A true demigod of Apollo hadn't been born for centuries, so maybe he wasn't completely sure.

"And you know this prophecy?" April asked.

"Yes," Aeolus said, "Our dear Pythia came to see us this morning, quite unexpected. Pythia is the name of the different oracles over time that gave mortals Apollo's words in the form of prophecy, because he can just never be normal. Sorry, April."