➶5

➶ ➶ ➶
"Sometimes I don't really know myself
Devil on my back, pray for me, need help
Angel in the front tryna guide my steps
Who do you call when you need some help"
-Let Go, Beau Young Prince
➶➶➶

➶ ➶ ➶"Sometimes I don't really know myselfDevil on my back, pray for me, need helpAngel in the front tryna guide my stepsWho do you call when you need some help"-Let Go, Beau Young Prince➶➶➶

*chapter five*

April suddenly felt like the gaping hole within her was rapidly filling up, except not with good feelings like what she'd expected, but only by an uncontrollable fear.

"There's no doubt that the one claiming you is Apollo. He's one of the twelve great Olympians."

She felt her breaths picking up speed as her lungs struggled to properly function. She let out a small whimper, only a small part of her felt awake enough to be embarrassed. She stumbled backwards, falling onto her butt and pulling her knees in front of her, as if to guard her body.

Tears gathered in her eyes, and she couldn't get the belief out of her head that she was about to die. She was about to be killed.

Aeolus, Mark, and Prometheus all had concerned looks on their faces, even her friends did, but to her, they all looked threatening. All their gazes were murderous and bloodthirsty, not worried.

"April!" Jisung shouted, running to the front.

He reached down his hand, trying to stroke her hair which he knew calmed her down, but she slapped his hand away.

"S-Stay away," she stuttered.

Jisung's expression dropped, a hurt feeling spreading through his stomach.

"April, it's just me-"

"Stop," Prometheus said, pushing Jisung back gently. "She doesn't know that right now. It's in her nature to not know that."

"What do you mean?"

"She's supposed to be dead," he said, flatly. "The Gods were supposed to have murdered her. Now that she knows that, the original fear is all resurfacing. She's not fully human, she doesn't feel things the same way she's used to. She's...a true demigod."

"Murder her?" Renjun asked, coming forward with Jaemin and Jeno trailing behind them. "Why the fuck would they do that?"

"She's the daughter of Apollo," Prometheus explained, "Remember how Aeolus said that children of the twelve great Olympians were restricted? Well, the gods and goddesses couldn't control themselves, so they still had children. Only their children are killed at birth. No matter how twisted it is, it's been that way for centuries now. It's kept them concealed."